Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ls/vtec kit

Old 12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm a WHORE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud of
Default ls/vtec kit

anyone bought one recently. Do any vendors on here sell them?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:35 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: ls/vtec kit

golden eagle, enough said......oh and get the golden eagle main studs as well.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:37 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Hunter, you're making this way more difficult than it needs to be. GE is the only way to go, but google it to see everything you need.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:41 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

i would recommend getting the golden eagle head studs, main studs and of course the Ls-v kit...and you can do your self a favor and run the block girdle i have for sale, or a GS-R/type r girdle especially if you plan on taking it past 8....

Pm me with any questions man i have done 4 LS-vtec set-ups
Old 12-13-2009, 01:42 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
golden eagle, enough said......oh and get the golden eagle main studs as well.

lol DO NOT GET THE MAIN STUDS! im not bashing u cause from what i have seen u know whats going on but aftermarket main studs for a honda b-series are not need, i have the same ones that come from the factory in my motor, thats how its always bin, if u use the studs u have line hone the block cause the tq specs are different than oem and it distort the metal some, in the end its a big hassle thats not worth it, kind of like doing 1/2 head studs in a b-series in the end its not worth all the trouble
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt
lol DO NOT GET THE MAIN STUDS! im not bashing u cause from what i have seen u know whats going on but aftermarket main studs for a honda b-series are not need, i have the same ones that come from the factory in my motor, thats how its always bin, if u use the studs u have line hone the block cause the tq specs are different than oem and it distort the metal some, in the end its a big hassle thats not worth it, kind of like doing 1/2 head studs in a b-series in the end its not worth all the trouble
I have used them and never had issues but then again you are the Boss when it comes to doing bad ass builds....matter of fact i was going to PM you here shortly about some work...
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Hunter, listen to ramey, he knows EXACTLY what he's talking about.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
I have used them and never had issues but then again you are the Boss when it comes to doing bad ass builds....matter of fact i was going to PM you here shortly about some work...

lol i am VERY SUPPRESSED that it didnt spin a bearing from that, ill see if i can find the pics we did a test on a junk block with a bore gauge with the factory bolts, and then the studs and u can clearly see it distorts them if tq to golden eagle specs.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:55 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt
lol i am VERY SUPPRESSED that it didnt spin a bearing from that, ill see if i can find the pics we did a test on a junk block with a bore gauge with the factory bolts, and then the studs and u can clearly see it distorts them if tq to golden eagle specs.
word...

well fuck i hope my shit doesn't fuck up now that you said something, i'm glad my computer desk is wood
Old 12-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm a WHORE

HunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud of

yea i figured GE from reading and asking around. should have been more specific but im just looking for a place that sells them (at a good deal) so i can try to save myself some moneyz, and give a sale to a vendor instead of some random site. should have said it in op but was in a rush.

Quick Reply: ls/vtec kit