VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   ls/vtec kit (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/ls-vtec-kit-324115/)

HunterJohnson 12-13-2009 01:33 PM

ls/vtec kit

anyone bought one recently. Do any vendors on here sell them?

NasTHatch 12-13-2009 01:35 PM

Re: ls/vtec kit

golden eagle, enough said......oh and get the golden eagle main studs as well.

ryanherington 12-13-2009 01:37 PM

Hunter, you're making this way more difficult than it needs to be. GE is the only way to go, but google it to see everything you need.

NasTHatch 12-13-2009 01:41 PM

i would recommend getting the golden eagle head studs, main studs and of course the Ls-v kit...and you can do your self a favor and run the block girdle i have for sale, or a GS-R/type r girdle especially if you plan on taking it past 8....

Pm me with any questions man i have done 4 LS-vtec set-ups

RameyBuilt 12-13-2009 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by NasTHatch (Post 5912564)
golden eagle, enough said......oh and get the golden eagle main studs as well.

lol DO NOT GET THE MAIN STUDS! im not bashing u cause from what i have seen u know whats going on but aftermarket main studs for a honda b-series are not need, i have the same ones that come from the factory in my motor, thats how its always bin, if u use the studs u have line hone the block cause the tq specs are different than oem and it distort the metal some, in the end its a big hassle thats not worth it, kind of like doing 1/2 head studs in a b-series in the end its not worth all the trouble

NasTHatch 12-13-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt (Post 5912586)
lol DO NOT GET THE MAIN STUDS! im not bashing u cause from what i have seen u know whats going on but aftermarket main studs for a honda b-series are not need, i have the same ones that come from the factory in my motor, thats how its always bin, if u use the studs u have line hone the block cause the tq specs are different than oem and it distort the metal some, in the end its a big hassle thats not worth it, kind of like doing 1/2 head studs in a b-series in the end its not worth all the trouble

I have used them and never had issues but then again you are the Boss when it comes to doing bad ass builds....matter of fact i was going to PM you here shortly about some work...

ryanherington 12-13-2009 01:45 PM

Hunter, listen to ramey, he knows EXACTLY what he's talking about.

RameyBuilt 12-13-2009 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by NasTHatch (Post 5912597)
I have used them and never had issues but then again you are the Boss when it comes to doing bad ass builds....matter of fact i was going to PM you here shortly about some work...

lol i am VERY SUPPRESSED that it didnt spin a bearing from that, ill see if i can find the pics we did a test on a junk block with a bore gauge with the factory bolts, and then the studs and u can clearly see it distorts them if tq to golden eagle specs.

NasTHatch 12-13-2009 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt (Post 5912606)
lol i am VERY SUPPRESSED that it didnt spin a bearing from that, ill see if i can find the pics we did a test on a junk block with a bore gauge with the factory bolts, and then the studs and u can clearly see it distorts them if tq to golden eagle specs.

word...:D

well fuck i hope my shit doesn't fuck up now that you said something, i'm glad my computer desk is wood

HunterJohnson 12-13-2009 05:11 PM

yea i figured GE from reading and asking around. should have been more specific but im just looking for a place that sells them (at a good deal) so i can try to save myself some moneyz, and give a sale to a vendor instead of some random site. should have said it in op but was in a rush.