Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

legal help on a converted type r

Old 08-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emu103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: legal help on a converted type r

boy hes a hothead all of a sudden
me:
the details on how you have registered the car arent adding up, ive enlisted the help of many forums and my lawyer.
the cars registration/title arent legit if what you are saying is true.
i would love the car, but i cant deal with an illegal car, because right now i need a daily because the civic is my only car.
i appreciate you talking to me, but you know just as well as i that this car has legitimacy issues. this is why i wanted everything typed out. phone conversations go no where when i need details, its much easier to reread something typed.
thanks
Paul

him:
First off why did you waste my time second why can't you talk to someone? The car is registered as a 2000 integra ls w/ a type R swap. The registration says 2000 integra LS. The type R motor was tied to the title to help recovery losses in case of theft, fire, wreck etc. Don't give me the bullshit I talked to my lawyer. I wish you had never led me on. Anyways my friend still wants to trade so I will try to work this out. I am just pretty damn steamed; I have done all the leg work to make the deal. By the way you will never get 8500 out of that car. 6000 if your lucky.

Have a nice day Time Waster.

You can still call my friend if you want to trade but I am done bending over backwards trying to help you two. Maybe you can go ALL the way to your girls house and use a phone(It is not that hard just press 10 digits and say hello).

me:so now you change the story and the car is registered as an ls. even more sketch.
i didnt waste your time or lead you on. you should have just explain how it was registered the first time i asked. you beat around the bush and have told me about 3 different things.
i like the car, and want it. but if it aint legit then i dont have time for it.

o yeah, and i find it hard that you paid a lwayer just to talk about the car...
but i have a prepaid lawyer, so hes there whenever i need him.
its impossible to legally register a car by its drivetrain. and unless you switched vin plates it didnt happen. (also illegal)
o, and i have my phone. she just borrowed it for two days
i just didnt call for the reason i gave you earlier. i want it typed. that was so my lawyer could read it.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:26 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

You caught him in his BS and he's pissed about it. Simple as that. If he was legit he would have said fine whatever.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:44 AM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Good thing you did some research instead of just goin in for the trade. He would've got you good.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm still confused about how the engine is tied to the title in some binding way, and what VIN number is actually being used..?
Regardless, the guy's story has changed way too many times to bother with what is actually going on here. If he wanted to lay everything out in the beginning, and show what was done to the title, and what VIN was on the car, I'd say go for it if everything looked ligit. There is something going on here or else this guy's story wouldn't have changed evey few days.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

emu103 is an unknown quantity at this point

it doesnt matter if he had absolute proof now. this guys throwing a fit and trying to make me look like an ass on carolinahondas.com
doesnt matter...im known pretty well up there and he has 20 post lol
and i have almost every email and everyones reading it. hes just making hisself look stupid. thanks for you opinions guys they did help quite a bit.