Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

legal help on a converted type r

Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emu103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: legal help on a converted type r

f you would just call me. I can explain it to you. 828 514 5009 The car is a 2000 LS integra, we bought a theft recoery 2000 Type R and put all the parts on the LS and resprayed it Camp White. The drivetrain is tied to the VIN so the car is registered as a Type R now. Everything is fine with the Title; I hav it in my hand just wanting to trade for something different more stockish. Plz call or message me back ASAP; I want your Si!!!

this is what he just sent me when i asked about the registration adn how it was done.
im not calling because its easier to get confused when you cant read everything. i want it typed out so i can go over it.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by emu103
The drivetrain is tied to the VIN so the car is registered as a Type R now.
This is where he's wrong.

If it really has an ITR VIN you don't want anything to do with it.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 PM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

You know what they say,

"If it ain't a Type-R it ain't a tight car..."
Old 08-14-2008, 11:01 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

this had shady as hell written all over it, no, its beyond shady now....as stated before...walk away...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It sounds like this guy is trying to title the LS chassis as being the theft recovered Type-R. Wow.

The chassis is tied to the VIN, the drivetrain doesn't matter. It can raise flags if the engine VIN doesn't match the chassis VIN, but the chassis VIN is the one that the car is titled against.

Here is a loosely related discussion on this topic (actually, removing chassis VIN tags) from a restoration forum:
http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=90780

I'm still looking for the chassis VIN info that I remember from the past, I can't seem to find it quickly though.

I don't really care what model (LS, ITR, etc) the title has listed; as long as the title has the chassis VIN on it then it should be legal. If it has the drivetrain VIN on the title, you're asking for big, big legal trouble. Regardless, you should be getting the fair value of the car, and there is more to an ITR than just the drivetrain and suspension parts. So be very wary, I still think this sounds really sketchy and that you should walk away from this before you get taken for a ride by the legal system.

You would be in legal possession of a car that has most of the parts from a theft recovery car on it, titled as something other than the original vehicle. Do you see where this gets really convoluted?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 08-14-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

Do you see where this gets really convoluted?
nice choice on wording..... i had to bust out dictionary.com lol
Old 08-15-2008, 12:31 AM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

I don't see why this is such a big issue? It's common sense i mean why would anyone wanna buy a GSR with Type R parts and pay Type R price? Also, as far as buying a car or trading, if anything seems sketchy... walk away. What's so hard about that? Why risk your entire lively hood/financial credibility over a car?... Shouldn't have to tell you twice man, just leave it alone.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

emu103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
I don't see why this is such a big issue? It's common sense i mean why would anyone wanna buy a GSR with Type R parts and pay Type R price? Also, as far as buying a car or trading, if anything seems sketchy... walk away. What's so hard about that? Why risk your entire lively hood/financial credibility over a car?... Shouldn't have to tell you twice man, just leave it alone.
im not paying tye r money, thats why im considering it.
im going to call a few offices today along with my lawyer
Old 08-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

dont fucking doit, if you do, along with LudeLuva are the dumbest motherfuckers on this site.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:50 AM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
dont fucking doit, if you do, along with LudeLuva are the dumbest motherfuckers on this site.
+1

Quick Reply: legal help on a converted type r