Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

K-Pro..

Old 03-25-2008, 12:25 PM
got 7.62?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited
Default K-Pro..

So what does everyone think about K-Pro.. I was thinking about getting it for my 02 Type S..
  • 2002 Type S
  • Thermal Catback
  • Injen Short Ram

Some tips and hints?

Flame on all you guys that normally do.. I know its coming.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Banned

qualityauto has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: K-Pro..

i've done 6 k swaps and i truly believe you use kpro only if you plan on upgrading to over 400 hp. if not, go with the jdm ecu for $400 ... prc 013 .
Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

Originally Posted by BoostinRFL
So what does everyone think about K-Pro.. I was thinking about getting it for my 02 Type S..
  • 2002 Type S
  • Thermal Catback
  • Injen Short Ram

Some tips and hints?

Flame on all you guys that normally do.. I know its coming.
K-pro is a great mod. With just bolt-ons I/H/E & a K-pro tune, you can get at least 205whp All-motor. Kpro is user friendly. For more info, go to ClubRSX.com or K20a.org

Last edited by Wii; 03-29-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wii
K-pro is a great mod. With just bolt-ons I/H/E & a K-pro tune, you can get at least 205whp All-motor. Kpro is user friendly. Fore more info, go to ClubRSX.com or K20a.org
You sound like you work for them.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

jaeguyoon has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by qualityauto
i've done 6 k swaps and i truly believe you use kpro only if you plan on upgrading to over 400 hp. if not, go with the jdm ecu for $400 ... prc 013 .
lol. That's the stupidest comment i've heard.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

Your beliefs are wrong.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

HAHAHA have fun with that ECU & its 115mph governor.

$400?? Might as well find a used Hondata Reflash to where its tuned for bolt-ons at the same price & have better performance. ANd say down the line you want more power, you can pay $500 for a K-pro upgrade if you have a reflash already.

Last edited by Wii; 03-29-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:55 PM
FML.

brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost

Originally Posted by JDMrice07
Your beliefs are wrong.
troofs.

I dont have one and am not familiar first hand but several friends have K swaps. K-Pro is pretty much the only thing that can tune a K let alone a stand-alone like AEM EMS. And after talking to Shad its seems like the only way to go.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Banned

crxtyper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaeguyoon
lol. That's the stupidest comment i've heard.
It all comes down to Money and future plans. Its actually not stupid to to get a JDM ECU so why would you say it would be stupid?? Its not stupid if you want a little more kick to your ride. Now if you start adding bolt on's to your car then I would go with k-pro.

K-pro is used for all motor and turbo applications. You don't have to be pushing over a certain horsepower range in order to use it.

Get K-Pro its worth every single penny and your able to do the tuning yourself if you have the knowledge behind what your doing.

I have k-pro that im going to be using on my eg hatch and I've already tryed it on several of my buddy's RSX's and I was amazed.

GO WITH K-PRO!

k20.org is the best place to find k-pro cheaper than a hondata dealer itself.

GL
Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Hello Novian

bolivianfuego has disabled reputation

I would go with kpro if you plan on going I/quality Header/Exhaust and trying to get the most power out of your car. If its just a toy and you dont care about getting the most out of your car then go with a reflash, but with kpro you can street tune your car yourself doing the AF's and timing and then at the dyno tune Cam Angles. Its awsome cause RSX's have built in Widebands that is the primary O2 sensor!!

But if your not that serious and probably would never go too crazy or want the most power out your motor again i suggest a simple reflash which is basically like riding k pro wiht a base map. And DONT go wiht a JDM ECU, you might as well go with a reflash for what they go for.

Quick Reply: K-Pro..