Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Just picked up a CRX

Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unbalancedwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just picked up a CRX

Originally Posted by sleekef
nice car, should swap a d15z1 if you want MPG you will be tempted to wot a b18 in a go-kart..
Yeah I guess your right, but how many mpgs do you think ill be getting with the B18b1?

Originally Posted by Yell88CRXsi
Of course this would be the time to replace any wore out steering tie rods, ball joints or hub bearings.
Please do not forget that these new bushings will have to be pressed out and then in. So figure that into your cost or you could do it like I do...myself.
Deff, thanks for your time putting writing these up! Do you have pics of your ride up? Im gonna try and search for them.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by unbalancedwood
Do you have pics of your ride up? Im gonna try and search for them.
Well, other than the ones in my profile there's these...

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...=132182&page=2

For the last year she has looked more like this...but TODAY it all has changed!!! I will be having her towed from Joey's (Stock or Modified) Tomorrow

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...132182&page=22

Last edited by Yell88CRXsi; 06-04-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 PM
j.alba

SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED SK8ED

fun cars man, i never had a yellow one, good choice.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered member

Tim-Tim can only hope to improve

looks good for a start. reminds me of when i 1st got mine.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

I wany to congradulate you on making a coherent post full of proper english. You've set yourself far above your fellow '08 members.

Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck. Looks like a fun project.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

unbalancedwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by siclike7
I wany to congradulate you on making a coherent post full of proper english. You've set yourself far above your fellow '08 members.

Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck. Looks like a fun project.
LOL, i cant wait to get fully working on this project. Right now I've been taking a look at the suspension parts, making a list of what I need to order. Trying to track down those little things that are missing, and making a budget for myself, otherwise ill be going crazy with it. Right now I don't want much, just a fun, drivable car thats lowered, tinted, functions as it should, gets me around town and some travels, a nice stereo...I don't seek much
Old 06-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by unbalancedwood
LOL, i cant wait to get fully working on this project. Right now I've been taking a look at the suspension parts, making a list of what I need to order. Trying to track down those little things that are missing, and making a budget for myself, otherwise ill be going crazy with it. Right now I don't want much, just a fun, drivable car thats lowered, tinted, functions as it should, gets me around town and some travels, a nice stereo...I don't seek much
At least you have a plan. Now get to it!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Registered Member

mxracer145 has disabled reputation

i have a set of progress performance springs for sale.
they are a 2" drop. they are designed for a crx with a
B-series swap. they ride good and the car sets level with them. retail is $160. i will sell them for $90 picked up or if you want to pay shipping will ship..
Old 06-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts

if everything is right on the engine and no mods or Wots then, you should get between 28-35MPG with circumstances.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

LOLZ you'll get great gas mileage just take care of your engine. The first thing i would do is get A REAL INTAKE unless you already did :-). remember Breathing is and important part of performance and fuel economy. And also you should look into a lightened flywheel and clutch just cause you never know what someone else put in it/did to it. Nice car though looks good not a fan of yellow cant wait to paint mine this summer .

Quick Reply: Just picked up a CRX