Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

integra type r, lan evo reveiws

Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall
Default Re: integra type r, lan evo reveiws

Originally Posted by stilldrivensf
i drove an evo.
smart trial member. if you like the evo though why are you considerring an integra?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:48 PM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by Digger70chall
smart trial member. if you like the evo though why are you considerring an integra?
smart trial member
Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered member

OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA

Originally Posted by stilldrivensf
ugh. it seems that hondas are stolen regularly, are they particularly easy to rip off? something that appeals to me with a low power fwd is the amount of time you can just go wide open or just do silly things like crazy throttle lift mid turn and get the car to go sideways then just get back on the throttle to straigthen the car out. too easy to have fun without being serious.
Hondas get stolen regularly (modified ones especially) b/c they are easy to strip and sell shit off of to make profit. I mean if someone stole my Cobalt SS, good luck to them finding buyers for all they could strip off. I mean fuck, i've had several parts up for sale on CobaltSS.net for like over a year now, and still no buyers. But a Honda....post it up on just about any random car forum (doesn't even need to be a Honda forum), and you'll have a buyer within a day on whatever random shit you decide to strip off and sell.

Integra Type-R's are popular to steal b/c not only are they a Honda, but they are a RARE Honda. So now you have "rare" shit that tons of buyers want.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

considering a FWD over your already AWD is like downgrading back to training wheels.....yes, the ITR is a great vehicle, but, i think you will be disappointed in the result comparatively.....IMO...ESPECIALLY because your talking of track and things like that..
Old 09-12-2009, 11:48 PM
sexy party!

jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester

Originally Posted by Boredinva05
There's a guy Steve who has a Champion White ITR who lives in York County, I know he's a member on one of the forums I can't remember if it's this one or the .net one that people hate, lol. I have his number somewhere if I find it I'll put you in touch with him. I know he was selling it a while back, dunno if he still has it though.

That said, I've been taken for a ride in it and I loved it, far more than any other Integra I've ever been in. Plus he takes immaculate care of his vehicles too, the last time I saw the car was about a year ago and I would say it's still in factory condition. Can't say anything about Evo's though because I don't know what kind you're thinking of.
Its been through two different owners since him when he sold it a couple years ago. My old roommate is driving it now, I'm driving Steven's brother's Type R.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 AM
according round town

Sam Church has disabled reputation

STI ----> Type R is without a doubt a downgrade. and yes it will probly be stolen within the first month of you having it. (unless you have a garage to store it in. in that case give 'em about 4 months to steal it)
STI ----> Evo (MR?) From my understanding (correct me if im wrong), evos are more on the expensive side but have slightly better handling and after upgrade mods (turbo, inter cooler, etc...) has more power potential.

again, these are my opinions about 'em.

if you have the cash go for the evo.
if you get the type r someone will probly key it before ya even get home. <--- im serious
Old 09-13-2009, 03:39 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Originally Posted by elambz
You aren't going to get an ITR sideways in a corner by lifting.
Um yes you can. Any FWD will if you are carring enough speed. When you lift more weight is transferred back to the front wheels. That's why your instructors should be telling you do not lift in the climbing esses at VIR.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Registered Member

stilldrivensf has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by elambz
You aren't going to get an ITR sideways in a corner by lifting.

You can get an ITR cheap as shit now, and beat the piss out of it and it won't break down. They handle amazing and are easy to drive everyday. I daily mine and track it. Pads, fluid and tires and you are set.
i'm pretty sure i could get a type r to rotate. check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnby1U8UmKI at 0:31. btw, what tire setup do you run?

i hear what a lot of you guys are saying as far as kinda going back to a fwd after having awd. a lot of it has to do with having a job now where i can afford the stuff i wanted big time as a kid and the type r is just one of those cars that is on the pedestal.

i'm really sad to hear that theft is big on hondas. i started looking around the forum and it looks like theft in general is pretty big around here. which is just wonderful.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Registered Member

stilldrivensf has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by vbspec
Um yes you can. Any FWD will if you are carring enough speed. When you lift more weight is transferred back to the front wheels. That's why your instructors should be telling you do not lift in the climbing esses at VIR.
amen. physics is physics. out of curiosity, could you tell us more about that reference to the climbing esses at vir?

on another note, your avatar is terrible.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:19 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I've owned a sti and an itr (simultaniously). They're both great cars. I don't know if I'd sell my sell my sti for
an itr though. I enjoy the utility of the vehicle. It's got adequete room for four people and plenty of power. Although the evo and itr are both great vehicles I'd probably get the evo for it's utility.