Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Insurance rates go up when not at fault for accident??

Old 04-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: Insurance rates go up when not at fault for accident??

First off, some companies do charge for not-at-fault accidents.

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Otherwise, it's time for you to go insurance shopping.... because you weren't cited for an accident or moving violation the incident won't show on your MVR so you don't have to tell the perspective new company about it.
That is true, but it may show up on your Claims Loss Underwriting Report, which most companies run. The agent will then see there was a claim, the coverages paid out on, and how much. Depending on the insurance company they may rate for that accident, albeit not as severely as other companies.

Originally Posted by blackout
let me take the opportunity to jump back in here, sort of off-topic... will your rates go up if your vehicle is stolen? like, a bike from in front of your house, for instance?
One incident, no. But it may prevent you from getting insurance in the future through some companies.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:57 PM
JDM Monkey Tuning

Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy

yea you were deff at fault liek cobra said. as for shopping around i mean best thing you can do is call or do it online. with one accident idk how many tickets you have but geico has very competitive auto and homeowners insurance so id try them. but cobra your right im not the norm agent at geico we dont do comission so its a bit diff and yea im in the call center. and the guy above me is right your mvr shows your tickets but your "clue" or claims loss underwriting exam will show the accidents you have had whether at fault or not at fault. but just shop around theres always someone cheaper out there.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Christ - I was reading the thread wondering when the kid was gonna get it. WTG brian, I would have given up a while ago.