Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

infiniti reliability?

Old 09-22-2004, 08:18 AM
had yours today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
animus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default infiniti reliability?

curious, how are these luxury cars when it comes to reliability? i'm looking at a 93 q45, but with 135k on clock... will maintence/repair add up to be more hassle than its worth?

?
Old 09-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc
Default Re: infiniti reliability?

They're Nissans, so they should be fairly reliable.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:40 AM

240SXCr4zY has disabled reputation

the Qs are pretty damn reliable, and not to mention quick as hell too. 135k for a 93 is actually not bad at all either. i wouldnt pay more then 5gs for it tho, i dunno what the list price is. but there was one out in cali ( where i come from ) down the street for 4500 and it was a 94 or 95. and shits more expensive out there...
Old 09-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Nissans/Infinities are a good car, but there isn't too many cars that aren't reliable. A car is what you make out of it and how you take care of it. That simple. I've seen as many quarter million mile Fords/Chevy's as I have Mercedes and Nissans. 135K is getting up there and anything can and will happen to a car once they start getting older. Just look a used car over very well before you buy. Don't get excited an buy a beat to shit, pile.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

Prometheus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Nissans/Infinities are a good car, but there isn't too many cars that aren't reliable. A car is what you make out of it and how you take care of it. That simple. I've seen as many quarter million mile Fords/Chevy's as I have Mercedes and Nissans. 135K is getting up there and anything can and will happen to a car once they start getting older. Just look a used car over very well before you buy. Don't get excited an buy a beat to shit, pile.
Chain guides are those engines most common downfall. Inquire about if those were replaced and if they have any service records to go along with the car. Being a Nissan, aslong as it's taken care of, it'll outlast you, and those things are damn fast too.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

http://nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=68379

Barring timing chain guide problems, they're of good quality.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:45 AM
had yours today?

animus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
http://nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=68379

Barring timing chain guide problems, they're of good quality.
thanks soul, i had actually read that just prior to asking this board - some excellent info in there.

im still up in the air my only "concern" is it has about twice as many miles as my current ride. but those heated vibrating seats are looking mighty attractive....