Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I think im screwed?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:33 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Default Re: I think im screwed?

do it
Old 07-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Turtle Salad

EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi

alrgiht last questoin what if i up the price he says hell no and this escalates....what will be the outcome if it goes to court? i wont have to give him his car back would i?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by coupey
do it
Why not... He sounds like an idiot who needs a criminal record anyways.

If you jack the price up you are likely to get nothing, because then you will be lying and the judge may sense something about your story is not right.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Turtle Salad

EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi

so the best route to go is....warn him and tell him if i dont have my money in a week i will report the car stolen.....if he gets smart report it stolen right away...i have emails on drag from him saying now he cant get the money until next month but i dont think emails off of drag will stand in court...haha
Old 07-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation

well i say go down there with a trailer pick your car back up and write an offer saying you can resume ownership after the folowing debt is payed off, fo th time being repo it, its your car and since you didnt write any contract hes screwed too his car is already tagged and titled by you there fore it is no longer his car. Ok no you have the civic titled in your name therefor it is still your car, tell him he has two weeks or just hit him with a surprise show up an pick the car up and then keep both tell him he has however long before you just sell the civic
Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Turtle Salad

see thats the problem...i would have no problem going to pick up the car and taking it back...but the money its going to cost me in truck rental and gas is going to be more or just as much as he owes me haha wouldnt that be dumb? ill give him till the end of next week or i own 2 vehicles....then im sure he will get over here trying to steal one of them back! oh well only thing i can do
Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Stuck on I-66

TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot

wait so let me get this straight.. yall traded cars, and you have his car that is now registered under your name.. and he has your car of which cannot be registered under his name because you have the title to it...

How are you being screwed again? as far as I see it if he doesnt bust his ass to get you the money so that he can register the car.. he is teh one that is screwed.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Turtle Salad

only thing is that he lives in vabeach i live in in cville...so i would cost me a lot of money in truck rental and gas to go get the damn thing! ill give him a week then i guess i own 2 vehicles and civic will be back up for sale on drag for dirt cheap. i never want to do this to ppl but im tired of ppl screwing me over after i be as nice as i can.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Turtle Salad

sorry posted basically the same thing twice didnt think the first one went through...anyway what would ya'll do if you were me?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

Since you still are in possession of the title to the Civic, I am quite certain that he will pay you the remaining $400. Don't call in the car stolen, because it is not stolen. That's a stupid thing to do.

Keep in mind, at this point, the guy DID let you know that he wasn't going to be able to pay you in the time you agreed upon. He's not avoiding you......

Yes, you should have put it in writing in the first place, but that is in the past now. Learn from it, and don't make the same mistake in future transactions.

Contact the guy, and see if he will agree to sign a contract now. Call him, email is a crappy way to do business. If he agrees to it, your best bet is to drive down to HIS residence, and take him to the DMV with you, and put a lien on the title. It may be an inconvenience to you, but that's the price you're probably going to have to pay to get a peace of mind in this transaction.. The contract (lien) that you write up must be signed by both you and him to include a description of the vehicle (year, make and VIN), the amount of the lien which is $400, the method of payment, the date of the creation of the lien and a statement indicating that YOU can repossess the vehicle in the case of non-payment. The repossession clause needs to state the terms of the repossession and HE needs to acknowledge the clause by signing within the clause. Once he signs this, I'm sure you'll get your $400 within the stated time period.

Quick Reply: I think im screwed?