Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I think im screwed?

Old 07-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Turtle Salad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi
Default I think im screwed?

Ok last week i took a chance heres the story:

I trade my civic for a guys integra and we had to do it in a rush b/c i needed a car and he lived at the beach and couldnt get down here except for last week so we went ahead an did it under these stipulations....

He sighned the title over to me the car is now registered and insured under my name. The deal was he owed me 400 dollars and that he would send it in the mail by this weekend and then i would mail him my title. Well now he just emailed me saying he wouldnt have the money for another month??? Is there anything i can do about this or am i screwed? Remember i have his car now title is changed and everything. I also have my title still in my name....i just need that money!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Modified 4 Member

B18Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I think im screwed?

ha ha,,, i won't say that you are screwed, you may be just broke for the time being...

Look at it like this, I would much rather have both titles for the time being, rather than he have both titles, or a title and the cash..

Good luck on the trade. I don't think he'll keep you waiting too long, esp. since you have a car that belongs to him.

Last edited by B18Tuner; 07-15-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

You're at his mercy for the money.

Is he driving on your plates?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

cant you go get your car until he lays the money down!! i mean you still own the civic, correct?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Turtle Salad

EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi

yes i still own it and know he doesnt have my plates...i did everything as right as i could on my end....only thing that is worrying me is that he is acting like he just isnt going to pay me and he could care less if he has the title or not....this sucks i need that money for bills why do i ever trust ppl!

Last edited by EGon10psi; 07-15-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by EGon10psi
yes i still own it and know he doesnt have my plates...i did everything as right as i could on my end....only thing that is worrying me is that he is acting like he just isnt going to pay me and he could care less if he has the title or not....this sucks i need that money for bills why do i ever trust ppl!
Did you write a sales contract. If so take him to small claims court and represent yourself for what he owes you and the cost to take him there.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

call in the car stolen idiot.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Turtle Salad

didnt write that contract but did think about doing it.....if i report the car stolen then what.....dont call me an idiot i havent done this before.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by EGon10psi
didnt write that contract but did think about doing it.....if i report the car stolen then what.....dont call me an idiot i havent done this before.
You could get into trouble for filing a false police report. You let him take the car, he did not steal it.

Always write a contract, it gives you a better leg to stand on in court.

Your options are court, however it will be your word against his. Really depends on who the judge thinks is lying. If I were the judge I would probably believe you though because he doesn't have any sort of proof of money paid and you still have the title. The only way most people would pay cash would be in person and you would have given the title there on the spot. If it was through mail I know I would send a cashiers check through certified mail.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Turtle Salad

would it be false to file a stolen car report after this weekend b/c i told him he had to pay me by this weekend.....or would it still be my word vs his word. And say i do report it stolen and they give me my car back...then what he is out of 2 cars and i got my hatch back!! haha i wouldnt do that but i will up the price if he makes me go through a lot of shit to get the money...sound fair?

Quick Reply: I think im screwed?