Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Hydrolocked the B

Old 10-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all
Default Hydrolocked the B

I was coming out of the neightborhood at 6am this morning and i drove throught the same puddle that is there everytime it rains and thid time it was over a foot deep and i idled into it and the car cut off. I knew exactly what had happened so i got out and pushed back home. Has anyone had any experience with this...like will my insurance cover it? I have everything on my policy except collision. If they don't cover it what are the chances thatt i have bent rods and stuff. How much do you think it will cost me to get back on the road?
Old 10-29-2003, 03:38 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

ask coolva1
Old 10-29-2003, 04:05 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

yea hes probably got a video of what to do.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:15 AM
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all

lol thanks
Old 10-29-2003, 04:18 AM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

you insurance may cover it as a road hazard, I would do a compression test after you drain all the water, change your oil, do an engine flush.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:00 AM
Reppin'

Attrayant is an unknown quantity at this point

take the plugs out, soak up any water you can see, crank it and water should shoot out of the holes, let it dry for a day then try to start it.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:15 AM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

Originally posted by brandon
yea hes probably got a video of what to do.
hahahaha.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:24 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

idled into it?

about what kinda rpms and what kinda load was put on the engine when it locked up?
Old 10-29-2003, 11:40 AM
Pro

yeah i saw the puddle but im used to driving through it...i let the car drop to normal idle and coasted into it at around 5 mph...there was no load on the motor. Then it just died out. I took out the plugs and i could see the water sloshing around in the cylinders, then i unplugged the injectors and cranked it over till no more water shot out. then i waited a few hours and put the plugs back in and tried to start it but it has no compression. A friend told me that my valves were probably bent because getting water in a cylinder is like getting concrete in them. I think im getting it towed to tuners edge to see how much it will be to tear it down and see exactly what the problem is and get an estimate on the work. If it costs more than like 1700-2000 then the insurance company will say the car is totaled and give me what its worth and sell ther car back to me, then im on my own.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:05 PM
ThanXz_FukYuVeryMuch

boodussi808 has disabled reputation

its totaled definately!!!!!!!!! insurance will cover...pay deductible...get it back etc....same thing happen...I bought it back...bought new engine.......b16a.....ehhehehehhehehe make sure it is totaled for sure so the they'll cover..

Quick Reply: Hydrolocked the B