Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How To Question

Old 07-08-2010, 04:14 AM
OCD
miata fag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD
Default Re: How To Question

Go with powder coating rather than painting. You won't be happy with the paint and it won't hold up long enough to justify to time and money you put into it. If you don't want to do it yourself, go with professionally powder coating.

I always chime in for powder coating suggestions because I am surprised how much cost is transferred to the customers. I understand that most of the cost is labor for preparation, but when I have seen a valve cover cost $150 to coat, I call shenanigans. You basically are paying for their ovens. Literally, you can buy all of the equipment to do it yourself for the cost of professionally powder coating wheels. Depending on the size of the wheels, you can do it in a regular electric oven (providing it isn't ever going to be used for cooking again). With a DIY coating system, you can do cheap wheels (and anything else) without costing an arm and leg.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kouki KA-T has disabled reputation
Default Re: How To Question

Precision Powdercoating. REal cool people. Legit facility. Fair on price and work is top notch. Can't go wrong there.