Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How About a Busted ASS 1.8t?(boom)

Old 04-04-2004, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How About a Busted ASS 1.8t?(boom)

for those that have not seen my recent road kill post here is a better idea of what went wrong...
my motor let go last night in front of user name SSSupra's house last night...
good stuff, bigg ass fire under the hood and all...
going on my 3rd motor...
well here you go...

Ok... the hole goes striaght threw... the hole on the back side is bigger...and the hole in this picture above is from the front side, unter the a/c, alternator, powersteering bracket.

motor will be built...

here are more pictures...

detonation may have been the problem, ... the the rod is still bolted to the crank, and the piston was at the top of the cyl. with the wrist pin intact, and about a 1/4 of the rod....
the rod was sheared off at the base of the rod where she bolts to the crank... so a 3-4" section of rod is missing.
so with that said...
im still unclear as to what happend... the plug tips are a little white... fuel is under 1/8th of a tank.
but gas light was not on
also the piston is in pretty good shape... all 4 are... no chunks missing or what not. just one broke ass rod
oil pan comes off tonight to see what the other rods look like.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:34 PM
I heart honda

Wadman85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How About a Busted ASS 1.8t?(boom)

dam sucks man
Old 04-04-2004, 04:36 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

gawd damn
Old 04-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Registered member

Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall

ouch...we should compare pics of connecting rods. mine let go on my duster not too long ago, had a serious oil problem though. Hope you find out what went wrong. Think maybe during hard accel you didn't get a good suction on gas tank and went lean?
Old 04-04-2004, 04:52 PM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point

you know what... that may have been it... thats what im thinking... but all the pistons look fine... no signs of detonation...
i know the second cyl. in the picture looks burnt but its just oil and water from when i pulled the head... even the piston that was attached to the rod that broke was fine...
Old 04-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Nice hole.

GL getting it back on the road.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

NIce to see that you have the skills to do all that... good luck!
Old 04-04-2004, 06:42 PM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

SSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to all

Steve, sorry man but your rods were at their limit. You never gave me an update on the head, are the valves bent or what?

Oh yeah, "another one bites the dust"....
Old 04-04-2004, 06:42 PM

chidoks is an unknown quantity at this point

time to go bigger...built 2.0...
Old 04-04-2004, 07:20 PM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ok...sorry. That just sucks dude. Hopefully you can have it back on the road soon. Good luck bro!

Originally Posted by chidoks
time to go bigger...built 2.0...
Hell yea......

Quick Reply: How About a Busted ASS 1.8t?(boom)