Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

honest thought on the srt4

Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 AM
I <3 757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all
Default honest thought on the srt4

just wondering what you guys think on the car

i dont own one im just wondering

dont hold back the positive or negative infos or stories you have
Old 01-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Dragva nukkas

eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of
Default Re: honest thought on the srt4

well it's a neon
Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Token Cobalt Driver.

BlkCobalt2.0SS has disabled reputation

they have a good amount of after market support from mopar thats makes alot of power... they are no joke with stage2 or 3 kit with the turbo toys
Old 01-02-2008, 05:35 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

nice car, nice power for the money.........just could never get past the fact that it is a neon.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:36 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

They're great cars. Reliable, make good power, 4 doors, handle well, brake well. There's nothing wrong with them at all once you realize that everyone is going to take every second to let you know its a neon, just in case you forget or something i guess.

I bought a brand new 05 with 6 mi on the clock and put 27k miles on it before I sold it because I was tired of the payments.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Great bang for buck!! but... FWD FTL
Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

here's a question for the OP: compared to what?

is there any particular reason as to why you're asking about srt-4's? if we knew why you wanted to know, it would give us some sort of direction in what to say.

in general, they're nice, but they're still fwd.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 AM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

I love mine, I bought my 05 in dec of 05 with 4 miles on it. Im about to hit 31k and I love every minute of it. Never has given me any problems except a busted power steering line. Two things that I dont like about it thou, a shitty warrenty, and everyone reminds me its a neon.
Even though I have a I <3 my neon decal on my windsheild.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by eurotund757
well it's a neon
Are you serious?!

Come on. That shit is fucking lame and old. The only thing that an SRT-4 share with a base Neon are the doors. The front, rear, interior, suspension, and drivetrain are all completely different from regular Neons.

I think they're a great "bang for your buck" type car. I drove WhiteSSP's back from VMP and it's a fun car even in stock form. Start throwing aftermarket parts at it and you can make great power, but FWD does suck.

If you don't mind FWD then I'd say get one if you're dead set on it.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, I'm sick of seeing the "it's still a neon" argument. A WRX is just an Impreza, an Evo is just a Lancer, a Cobra is just a Mustang, etc., etc. Who cares? You either like it or you don't. Personally, I'd never own a FWD performance vehicle, but that's just me. I can appreciate an SRT-4 for it's potential tho, there's some pretty fast ones out there.

Quick Reply: honest thought on the srt4