Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Help On Tire Opinions...

Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Nunchuck Skillz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound
Default Re: Help On Tire Opinions...

who knows maybe they fixed all of the problems with it...
but i doubt it
Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by TomsSound
but i doubt it
Doubt it? It's a totally different tire.

Maybe Goodyear fixed all the problems you had with FK451s when they made the new Wingfoot HPs.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by TomsSound
I had the Falken fk451's.... wasn't really impressed with them... They seemed to chunk a lot more.. than i thought they should. The tire wear was not very good either. They seemed to be ok grip wise... when they were new... but half way ... they seemed very slippery.
Wait, were you driving them daily or autox/track use? Dave is going to be pimping his Audi daily...
Old 04-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Nunchuck Skillz

TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound

daily driving on my 99 accord coupe.
225/40/18\'s
Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

on my daily driven ms6 i'm running the kuhmo asx they are all season tires and I'm very impressed w/ the lack of road noise. They have a treadware rating of 420. They perform great in both wet and dry conditions and also handled a couple of inches of snow in nj.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...irePageLocQty=
Old 04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ
on my daily driven ms6 i'm running the kuhmo asx they are all season tires and I'm very impressed w/ the lack of road noise. They have a treadware rating of 420. They perform great in both wet and dry conditions and also handled a couple of inches of snow in nj.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...irePageLocQty=
those have gotten great reviews as well. I used to have Kumho 712's on my prelude and I had a bunch of issues with the sidewalls getting bubbles in them. Any issues with that on yours?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
those have gotten great reviews as well. I used to have Kumho 712's on my prelude and I had a bunch of issues with the sidewalls getting bubbles in them. Any issues with that on yours?
NONE. I love these tires. My stock tires wore out before i got to 10k. Ask ritz about how well they grip. I can launch my car and still get no wheel spin. Not saying much (little hp and awd) but im impressed. And to top it off they are cheap.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

What about the new Nitto tire?

www.nittoinvo.com
Old 05-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I had Nitto 450's on my Prelude, and had 555's on my Audi. nice handling tire, and a great looking tire, but were absolutely positively TERRIBLE in the rain. I sorta expected to have less than perfect results with a Hi performance summer tire in the rain, but the 450's were down right dangerous and the 555's were only marginally better.

Anyway. I bit the bullet and bought the Kumho ASX. Two of them arrived today and two will be here friday. I put them on today and gave the car a nice fresh alignment with the new coilovers and I am more than pleased. They gripped great in the rain today even when the rear end with the NIttos was sliding all over the place.

I also cannot say enough about the Koni coilovers. They were definitely worth every penny.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
I had Nitto 450's on my Prelude, and had 555's on my Audi. nice handling tire, and a great looking tire, but were absolutely positively TERRIBLE in the rain. I sorta expected to have less than perfect results with a Hi performance summer tire in the rain, but the 450's were down right dangerous and the 555's were only marginally better.

Anyway. I bit the bullet and bought the Kumho ASX. Two of them arrived today and two will be here friday. I put them on today and gave the car a nice fresh alignment with the new coilovers and I am more than pleased. They gripped great in the rain today even when the rear end with the NIttos was sliding all over the place.

I also cannot say enough about the Koni coilovers. They were definitely worth every penny.
good choice i dont think u will be dissapointed.