Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Performance Tire Opinions?

Old 04-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skeeter has disabled reputation
Default Performance Tire Opinions?

Hey All....

Looking for opinions/experiences with performance tires.. I've managed to squeeze nearly 24k out of my stock Michelin Pilot Sports and need to get these puppies replaced to pass Inspection... I'm lookin for a tire similar to the Pilots but less in cost (800 for 4 installed is a bit much). I'm drivin an 03 Tiburon that takes 215/45 17s. Not takin my car to the track or anything.. just tearin it up around town like most.

Lookin on Tire Rack and like the Yokohama AVS ES100s as well as the Goodyear Eagle F1 G3-D3s. Goodyears look a little funny, but have gotten nice reviews and ratings; The Yoks are recommended by some folks on my board (www.newtiburon.com), a few others recommend some cheap ass tires.. I'm a little warry of anything under 100 bucks a far as quality less I can hear good experiences from a few

Thoughts? Opinions? Cheesy Poofs?
Old 04-08-2004, 12:27 PM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas
Default Re: Performance Tire Opinions?

i havent heard good things about the goodyears....ive heard nothing but good things, i know they come factory on the 04 acura tls with the accessory 18 inch rims, and i just bought some for my car, and i really havent heard anything bad bout the yok's, just the good years....

and yeah, pass them cheesy poofs over...
Old 04-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Just put these tires on my 'stang and they are incredible! Check out this thread.
http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48320
Old 04-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard that the goodyears are good but there is always the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's which have always seemed to be a good buy and are pretty cheap (sub $80 each)
Old 04-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Skeeter has disabled reputation

Smacks himself for not using the 'search' function....

Appreciate the input thus far -- keep it comming if you'd be so kind, and I'll be sure to search before posting next time.