Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

HELP WITH A TICKET 81 in a 55

Old 02-17-2007, 08:01 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default Re: HELP WITH A TICKET 81 in a 55

plead guilty, tell the judge what's up, look nice when you get there, take the course
Old 02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
haz hype

it_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond repute

this isn't your first time posting up here about a ticket is it?

PS i know a few ways to throw off calibration...but im not telling

and most speedos do run high to slow you down...my mustang reads 72 at 70...
Old 02-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Most are 2-3 mph fast.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:02 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by atifsays
LOL @ H8ERS. PM me bro. I know how to get you off.. I'm not posting shit on here though. Come on people, he was brave enough to post on here and admit his wrong doing, but most of us on here have lead feet. Leave the kid alone. He's barilly had his balls drop =D.

Among the how many thousands of "I got a ticket" posts that show up on here weekly, he is lucky the thread did not get closed for being an idiot. Common sense try the search feature, and by all means call a lawyer. I have been to over 46 cases for reckless driving, and in variuos cities, something that does not change is the following:

It comes with following that I have personally witnessed:

Fines: Sometimes as much as $1500 ($2500 max)

Loss of driving privelages: On average 6 months (6 months max), they love maxing this one out.

Jail: Typically 30 days (1 year max) with a number of days suspended, of the 46 cases 22 spent time in jail for at least 2 to 4 days, and a few for a week. The other half were mostly 1st time offenders, or the speeds were just within reason to be considered speeding.

Suspended sentences: Every single one of them walked away with a portion of a suspended sentence that was there for a year. The ones that spent a week were the idiots that came back the second time within a year, so they got to spend some time paying back a portion of the first suspended and then got another 30 days hanging over their head for another year.

No one on here is going to give you absolute advice to get you out of the ticket. The only counsel that can reduce your sentencing is a lawyer, not some idiots that say "Well I got out of mine by doing the following". Too much to gamble on someone who does not get paid to do this everday, and knows the system and the people that work in the system.
If you are wondering those sentences are the least of your worries, a conviction of reckless is a class 1 misdemeanor. You may think so what, but it is enough to revoke a security clearance, refusal to be able to rent a car, and be denied certain jobs. At age 18 this could be a very big pain in the ass in the future. I had a young individual (21) get a reckless, and he was hit by another car 6 months later, totalled his vehicle, not his fault. The rental car agency refused to rent him a vehicle because of his driving record. Not to mention the given, his insurance premiuims were ridiculous. To really drive home the point his security clearance was revoked, which is a requirement for his rate, he had two options change rate or get out. He chose to get out.
It does not mean that you are going to have problems, it just seems that this very thing could easily become an inconvience when you really do not need it.