Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

possible ticket?

Old 09-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Captain night owl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger
Default possible ticket?

if someone say writes down your plates and turns them in for something, can the police or anyone do anything? i seen this guy pull up behind me in a parking lot and started to write something then took off? i know i didnt cut him off cause he was like 2-3 cars back when i turned so? but could anything happen i enjoy my +2 on my driving record
Old 09-04-2003, 07:24 PM
H22AHH

93LudeSi is an unknown quantity at this point

I got 2 tickets in currituck country going towards hatteras b/c my friend jerked the wheel of my car and made me swerve into the pedestrian lane...the people behind me got my plates and a sheriff pulled me over later down the road for an eyewitness account of reckless driving...I got charged for it too :/
Old 09-04-2003, 07:25 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

I dont see where the evidence would be if you did get a ticket, so I doubt they could even write you one. And even if they did there is no way that would fly in court
Old 09-04-2003, 07:44 PM
H22AHH

93LudeSi is an unknown quantity at this point

that's what i thought until I got convicted of both...even with a lawyer.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:53 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

damn
Old 09-04-2003, 08:08 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Several months ago I was having a club meet, and from downtown Norfolk to Mil hwy we played Cat & Mouse pushing 100mph the whole time, right as we approached the exit a Highway Support truck came barreling up behind us and the driver was on his radio, seemlingly calling the police. We took the exit and he followed us into Mil Hwy but got right back ont he freeway. Nothing came of it because from what I heard a law enforcement officer of some sort has to witness the violations.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

If you got convicted on an "eyewitnesses account" of a traffic offense then your lawyer really...i mean really does a bad job as being a lawyer. Coming into court the judge should even be in the defenses favor because its a true "your word vs. theirs" case which waste the time of the court and also the tax payers money. Its easy to shoot down eyewitnesses accounts or find simple cracks in what they are saying that can get the entire case thrown out in a second...you just gotta be taught how to find them.

I know its possible to be convicted of it, but once again any half-wit lawyer could of brought out enough doubt in the mind of the judge on an eyewitnesses account of a traffic offense, even if you are guilty.

vasponger - I wouldnt worry about it for now. If you actually do get sent a citation and have to show up in court just be prepared to pull out everything you can to eat up the eyewitnesses credability.

To end on a less serious note...Ludacris was right, we all need hide-a-way liscense plates.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:06 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont see how you could get convicted unless the eyewitness actually comes to court to testify.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:46 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Originally posted by mpg9999
I dont see how you could get convicted unless the eyewitness actually comes to court to testify.
Even with a sworn testimony it's still heresay. You could simply say that the person was driving aggressively behind you and you didn't move out of their way due to surrounding traffic.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

well this is what happend no bending the truth..

i was on my way to dinner, going down vb blvd, about 3 people in front of my where doing 40 including the jeep who was in the middle of them.. i pull into the 2nd lane fly up past them, plenty of space to get over, kept accelerating so that no one would hit their brakes, i turn on the next light, park and the guy in the jeep is behind me , all i can think of is the 1st car was some old person who slammed on the brakes which caused the jeep to allmost hit them or something?

thanks guys

Quick Reply: possible ticket?