Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

HELP!!! i got a reckless /racing.... 83 in a 55

Old 05-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runnin13s is on a distinguished road
Default HELP!!! i got a reckless /racing.... 83 in a 55

ok well here is the situation i was leaving the beach and i was on 264 going home well i was all the way over in the slow lane with cars passing me on the left and i was just going with the flow of traffic then a cavalier (sp) revvs on me so and flys by me but then after he was all done with that he hits his breaks and i see a state trooper in front of us instantly the trooper comes out and flags us down . so i pull over and everything then he tells me i was doing 83 mph and that is wreckless that i will admit to because i was but i think he just profiled me as a street racer because i have a honda thats lowered but anyways then he says why were u racing and i said i wasnt so i get my ticket anyways and i have court in a month for a reckless driving /racing ticket 83mph in a 55mph zone...... so what can i do?? i have already thought of a few things .first off i wasnt racing and i need to get that dropped so inorder for him to even say i was racing he would of had to follow me but he was just sitting on the side so thats one thing next im gonna bring my timeslips that show in the 1/4 mile i run a 13.2 @ 107 mph which would prove if i was racing i would have been in a more exessive (sp) speed range and that i would have been whooping a cavaliers ass not behind it (of course i wont put it anything like that) next since all the troopers are using newer radar guns im gonna see if he has a permit that qualifies him to operate the newer radar gun and when the gun was last calibrated hoping that will get me out of the whole ticket dropping the charges im only 16 i havent had any tickets but if i get all this my insurance will go crazy and i will probly lose my license till im 18 so any help or info will be greatly appreciated ...also isnt there a site wher it is like teens against street racing or sumthin i was thinking if i register for that and verify my membership that could help get the racing part dropped does anyone know of that website or has a link to it ?? i looked but i couldnt find it

thanks
zach

Last edited by Runnin13s; 05-30-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HELP!!! i got a reckless /racing.... 83 in a 55

sucks for you, maybe next time u wont think about racing everybody like you do now!
Old 05-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

thanks for the sympathy jeremy
Old 05-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

anytime!
Old 05-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

huntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura about

i think showing them the timeslip is a bad idea
Old 05-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

not really couse that would prove the point of safe legal racing and that ifd i was racing i would be in more ecesssive(sp) speeds..... and i think that would make a good poiunt the only problem is i lost my slips ....looks like i have to go to the track again ...but my dad came up with that idea after telling me ima fuking moron
Old 05-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Justa lil 6

actually, the cop nor the judge know where you first started racing at, so therefore you could have been just starting or just slowing down, hence you speed of 83 mph, for all the cop knows you could have been going 110+ before he saw you.. personally i wouldnt show the judge any time slips because he or she will think you are trying to be a wise ass and he/she will laught at you and you will be in more trouble then you are now.. more then likely the judge wont care if you race at the track or not, the point is you got caught on the streets and have to pay the price, i know it sucks but if u do illegal shit like everyone does you WILL get caught one day and you are always trying to race someone so one day you will get caught which today must have been the day. which if i were you i wouldnt race anymore for a long time, if u still have you license once you leave court...
Old 05-30-2004, 07:23 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Get a lawyer, not DragVA for consulting. A lawyer may get you out of it, DragVA may get you even further in shit.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Shawn
Get a lawyer, not DragVA for consulting. A lawyer may get you out of it, DragVA may get you even further in shit.
Best advice Evarrrrrr!!!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:29 PM
NOTA WRX

Silver Sube 01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically, if you were doing 83 and admit it, you can count on that ticket. If I were a trooper and saw two cars in close proximity of each other exceeding the speed limit, whether they were civics or Lincoln Continentals, I would assume they were racing. This whole new term of "profiling" IMO is just a bullshit excuse guilty people came up with as another possible chance of getting out of something they know they did. Bringing your timeslips with you would be just admitting to the judge that you like to race, therefore, may succumb to the occasional street race, especially late at night when you think there is the least amount of traffic. On the contrary, you don't want the judge to know you have ever raced in your life, you want them to think that you drive like a white knuckled granny that can barely see over the steering wheel. The more you make it look like a mistake, the better chance you have of getting out of it.
I also agree, that DragVA is the last place you should be coming to for advice.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! i got a reckless /racing.... 83 in a 55