Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

got a ticket... what do you think will happen?

Old 02-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Don't quit!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia
Default Re: got a ticket... what do you think will happen?

If you bring that proof, your more than likely going to get it reduced to the appropriate speed. Unless you have a dickhead judge. I suggest getting a lawyer. I personally have legal coverage 247.
I had two reckless driving tickets last year and got both reduced. I also was guilty as hell. Got reduced to speeding. I had one 56 in a 35 and a 82 in a 55
Old 02-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I <3 KARMA!

resideinVA has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RTSFATA38
first ticket/time being pulled over ever.
that should work in your favor for sure. especially if you have been driving since you were 16! i highly doubt they will suspend your license for just one ticket even if it were reckless. like someone said before your insurance will go up for a little while, but i doubt they will suspend it. it took a few tickets for mine to get suspended and i was 16 or 17 at the time so i really dont think you have to worry about that happening

just make sure that you bring in that sheet showing the calibration and with your clean driving record i think youll be fine. theres really no need to get a lawyer. dont do that its not necessary to spend all that money. you will have to pay a fine either way though
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 PM
bologna

RTSFATA38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by resideinVA
that should work in your favor for sure. especially if you have been driving since you were 16! i highly doubt they will suspend your license for just one ticket even if it were reckless. like someone said before your insurance will go up for a little while, but i doubt they will suspend it. it took a few tickets for mine to get suspended and i was 16 or 17 at the time so i really dont think you have to worry about that happening

just make sure that you bring in that sheet showing the calibration and with your clean driving record i think youll be fine. theres really no need to get a lawyer. dont do that its not necessary to spend all that money. you will have to pay a fine either way though
i hope it works out that way... i know i was speeding regardless of my speedo being off and i completely regret it because it wasnt worth it at all but i have since been driving 5 under cause i hate myself for the money/time that will be wasted due to this

anyways when i go to court, should i just not say a word or what should i say that would make the most sense in my case...
btw when the cop asked me why i was going that fast i replied:"i honestly didnt realize i was going that fast" which makes perfect sense along with that calibration
Old 02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
I <3 KARMA!

Originally Posted by somalia4age
If you bring that proof, your more than likely going to get it reduced to the appropriate speed. Unless you have a dickhead judge. I suggest getting a lawyer. I personally have legal coverage 247.
I had two reckless driving tickets last year and got both reduced. I also was guilty as hell. Got reduced to speeding. I had one 56 in a 35 and a 82 in a 55
lol at the legal coverage 24/7 thing.
i got off really lucky with my shit. i never got any real serious charges except for a reckless for failure to maintain proper control along with 2 other charges i got from the same incident one of which was pretty serious. i got really lucky in many cases and i didnt need a lawyer. all i got from the reckless and the other 2 was a $175 fine and 30 hrs community service. i was blessed and got off too many times. though my license was suspended and then revoked for a year...what could have happened was much much worse.

and btw hows everything working out the ls/vtec?? get all that shit straight yet man?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Synth_Infusion has disabled reputation

stop driving
Old 02-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

Look up Buddy Parcell... Henrico is serious business yo
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I <3 KARMA!

Originally Posted by RTSFATA38
i hope it works out that way... i know i was speeding regardless of my speedo being off and i completely regret it because it wasnt worth it at all but i have since been driving 5 under cause i hate myself for the money/time that will be wasted due to this

anyways when i go to court, should i just not say a word or what should i say that would make the most sense in my case...
btw when the cop asked me why i was going that fast i replied:"i honestly didnt realize i was going that fast" which makes perfect sense along with that calibration
yeah what you told the cop will help you because if he says that in the report or whatever, i dont know what they do in traffic things as far as writing reports and what not, but if he says that in court it will help with the proof that you really didnt know how fast you were going.

i dont know how it works with having evidence or whatever but you may want to ask around or call the courthouse and see what you can do about submitting that to the records before you go to court. you may get lucky and get off easy with your record and the proof though man. just be prepared to pay a fine regardless
but the judge will ask you how do you plead to the reckless charge...some are huge dicks and wont let you say anything other than guilt or not guilty so im not sure..but id say not guilty because of the proof and just the simple fact that you have a clean ass record. but dont take just my word and advice..like ive said i was extremely lucky in most of my situations. but you shouldnt have anything major to worry about man
Old 02-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Yea his first time he proably won't need the lawyer I just always do but I'm different. But yeah still working on redoing some things. Its running though waiting to get the tranny I want before I get it retuned on the dyno.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Don't quit!

But I might just go next weekend after I change the timing belt water pump and tensioner. I want to see the numbers she is putting out now and see how she will run on that tranny when we get some more power out of it.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I <3 KARMA!

Originally Posted by somalia4age
Yea his first time he proably won't need the lawyer I just always do but I'm different. But yeah still working on redoing some things. Its running though waiting to get the tranny I want before I get it retuned on the dyno.
better safe than sorry thats for damn sure but i think with it record and calibration proof he doesnt have major shit to worry about.
but thats cool. have you looked into a jdm tranny? ive seen alot of the jdm trannys that come with lsd so if you havent looked that way id give that a try

Quick Reply: got a ticket... what do you think will happen?