Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

got a ticket... what do you think will happen?

Old 02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
bologna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTSFATA38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got a ticket... what do you think will happen?

got clocked doing 72 in a 45 (27 over/wreckless) in henrico....

i knew i wasnt going that fast so i had my speedometer calibrated and it said that when my speedometer read 60 i was really going 70, so 10 off... which means according to my speedo i was only doing 62 in a 45 which is 17 over.

i have no criminal or traffic record at all.... what do you think they will do to me in court?

btw im 18, if that matters at all
Old 02-09-2008, 07:43 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: got a ticket... what do you think will happen?

1yr ban IRL
Old 02-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I <3 KARMA!

resideinVA has disabled reputation

take proof with you that you got your speedometer calibrated and how off it was and show it to the judge and he may reduce the violation from reckless to whatever the usual fine and punishment is for that particular speed.
but if you dont...that reckless ticket is really going to fuck you up. huge fine and mad points on your record. i had to do community service for a reckless driving ticket instead of paying whtat could have been a much bigger fine than what i was given
Old 02-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

get a lawyer
Old 02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
bologna

Originally Posted by resideinVA
take proof with you that you got your speedometer calibrated and how off it was and show it to the judge and he may reduce the violation from reckless to whatever the usual fine and punishment is for that particular speed.
but if you dont...that reckless ticket is really going to fuck you up. huge fine and mad points on your record. i had to do community service for a reckless driving ticket instead of paying whtat could have been a much bigger fine than what i was given
yea i have a certified document showing the offset in the reading... its all signed and shit and they said its good for court. so that official proof showing i didnt know i was going 27 over

do you think they will fuck with my license, like restricted or suspended for a first time offender
Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

bring in proof of your speedo correction and the judge may reduce the charge and scold you for driving too fast. either way you'll pay a fine and your insurance will be high for a while, just try not to get another ticket like that.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM
bologna

Originally Posted by Reckless Fobby
get a lawyer
id have to sell my bodyparts to afford that
Old 02-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I <3 KARMA!

resideinVA has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RTSFATA38
yea i have a certified document showing the offset in the reading... its all signed and shit and they said its good for court. so that official proof showing i didnt know i was going 27 over

do you think they will fuck with my license, like restricted or suspended for a first time offender
yeah that should most def help you out. i dont see why the judge wouldnt take it into consideration at least.
i dont know about the license thing but you will def get points on your record thats for damn sure. is that your first ticket ever or just first reckless??
Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 PM
bologna

Originally Posted by resideinVA
yeah that should most def help you out. i dont see why the judge wouldnt take it into consideration at least.
i dont know about the license thing but you will def get points on your record thats for damn sure. is that your first ticket ever or just first reckless??
first ticket/time being pulled over ever.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:19 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

I vote for a ban for being too stupid to use the correct word "reckless".

Quick Reply: got a ticket... what do you think will happen?