Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Good Shop?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swift996 has disabled reputation
Default Good Shop?

My mother's friends' son has a US Spec Type R. Apparently he has low compression in Cylinder 2. (Car only has 30K miles on it) It still runs, don't know many specifics, sounds maybe like a piston ring? Anyways, the car is currently at a dealer in Woodbridge and they want to charge a lot of money to find out what is going wrong with it.

Does anyone know of a good tuner shop that could find out the problem close to the Woodbridge area?

Thanks,
Jon Swift
Old 09-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good Shop?

no, but tell them to make the trip and bring it to Shad im sure some honda guys in that area will know of one though...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

APN fabrications. Alex the owner knows Honda's inside and out, and is very reasonable with his price w/ quality work.

PM him at LivinDreamsDC2. I know he's doing appt's only now, but he may beable to fit you in. I'd give you his shop number, but I keep forgetting to get it from him.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

swift996 has disabled reputation

Yeah, he did some work for me, I'll have to check with him as I need him to look at something on my car too.

He told me he was doing appt's only, so I thought I'd try to get him to check out my car first haha.

--------
If anyone knows of anywhere else, let me know. I think they want to try to stay close to the Stafford/Woodbridge area, but I will see as I know Alex does great work.