Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

General wieght reduction question

Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
squad up!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of
Default Re: General wieght reduction question

The gernal saying is every 100lbs lost = .100 in the 1/4

Edit
Originally Posted by evolve
it depends on what type of mass is removed. Less rotational mass will feel as if youve gained more power, than stationary mass. I believe it goes like this:
100lbs stationary mass removed= .1 second gain in 1/4 mile
10lbs rotational mass removed=.1 second gain in 1/4 mile
Old 12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
taller than rice

zford is an unknown quantity at this point

okay so youre not actually gaining horsepower your just gaining an advatage of power to weight ratio, the motor does not change power output but changes the power to weight ragtio causing the vehicle to be faster taking time off of your track time or the time it takes to get from 0-60
Old 12-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

wow..you suprise me dory!. you cant just add horsepower by taking stuff out your car.

do you know what Power to weight ratio is.

so if you have 2200 lb vehicle with 200hp
and if you have an 1800lb vehicle with the same hp..
which would more likely be more quicker, meaning acceleration...the one with the lighter weight because of less force has to be applied to the vehicle. simple science there buddy duh!!
and if you cant understand that, here it is in Lamens(sp) terms.
tell me this, which one is going to win a 100 meter racing?
a person with a fat woman on his back
or the person without one and they both have the same agility! HMMM????

and no horsepower is not the answer.

Last edited by MABAGAL; 12-13-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:18 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by usmcbugle85

Anyways back to the original post. Dude, just throw some neons on there and you should be running sub 10s. Good luck

he already has neons on his car......
great thread....same kinda crap that got you BaNnEd last time.....
Old 12-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

i think everyone in this thread knows that takin out weight doesnt increase power.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

With his logic think of how much horsepower he will gain if he takes his engine out of his car!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

tqueen has disabled reputation

If I jump out half track I would lose 2 tenths.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:45 AM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. 100 lbs. = .1 seconds in the 1/4 mile. It's that simple. Force, mass (sprung and unsprung), acceleration, gear ratios, thermodynamics, power curves, all that can be thrown away and simplified by "100 pounds iz 20HP, lawlz." Newton was a sucker.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:54 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by Beachin_240
Yeah. 100 lbs. = .1 seconds in the 1/4 mile. It's that simple. Force, mass (sprung and unsprung), acceleration, gear ratios, thermodynamics, power curves, all that can be thrown away and simplified by "100 pounds iz 20HP, lawlz." Newton was a sucker.

I hate this saying. It is not true. That .1 sec will ony appear if your car has the x hp and y weight.

If I was driving my 4500lb truck with 350hp would I gain the same amount in the 1/4 as my 1800lb car with 200hp if they both lost 100lbs?
Fuck no.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

dorydorydriftin has disabled reputation

I fuckin know that the Engine doesnt gain hp,, i said it felt meain the ratio,, But i was just wonderin if there is a simple formula to figure out the weight to the rotational hp,,, Which i have gotten thanks

Quick Reply: General wieght reduction question