Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

GAS PRICES?!?!

Old 04-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GAS PRICES?!?!

Originally Posted by catfSSh
lets not forget about the hippies protecting all the oil in alaska cause we dont want to disturb the birds
If they have a problem with it, tell them to bite a cellary stick. That simple.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by catfSSh
lets not forget about the hippies protecting all the oil in alaska cause we dont want to disturb the birds
The Alaskan reserve is only enough to last the country 4 months. After that, we're screwed again. So it's best that we don't use that unless it's a last resort and use those 4 months as a time to completely develop vechicles using alternate fuels. Necessity is the mother of all invention. We don't need alternate running cars now, so they aren't fully developed.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

i agree about invention coming in times when people are desperate but i could have sworn i read somewhere that alaska hod TONS of oil. guess not
Old 04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

head1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the rough

wait for the summer. then you can complain
Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by blah
The Alaskan reserve is only enough to last the country 4 months. After that, we're screwed again. So it's best that we don't use that unless it's a last resort and use those 4 months as a time to completely develop vechicles using alternate fuels. Necessity is the mother of all invention. We don't need alternate running cars now, so they aren't fully developed.
I gotta call BS on that. No one knows exactly how much oil can be up their because they aren't allowed to drill to find out. It could be considerably more, or less even. But no way to tell until it happens.

I do happen to agree we should wait though. What we need to investigate is how the fuck Exxon had a $11,000,000,000 profit last year. That's right bitches, billion. How can a gas station say they are losing, on the average, 6 cent a gallon selling gas, yet oil companies are making record profits?

And today they announced the Fed's are investigating Barry Bonds for perjury. I say investige these mofo's. Oh wait, that's right. Good ol' Dubbya is a major player in the oil market, so that will NEVER happen.

Pay your high prices and get used to it. Shit won't go down. If they don't noticed a MAJOR dropoff when gas goes to $3.50/gallon, do you honestly think it will ever go below $2/gallon again? Nope.

Look at Europe, $3-$4 a liter. That is fucking stupid. Another way to see why gas is so high is that there are so many different regualtions required by each state. California needs its own gas due to emissions, so do most big cities. Midwest needs ethanol now, along with other places. Summer time gas produces less sulfur because of more people driving. It's like having 12 different types of milk to choose from that's all basically the same. Have one gas so refineries don't have to spend so much to make bullshit.

Sorry for the long rant, I've had enough shit today and needed to vent.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
I gotta call BS on that. No one knows exactly how much oil can be up their because they aren't allowed to drill to find out. It could be considerably more, or less even. But no way to tell until it happens.

I do happen to agree we should wait though. What we need to investigate is how the fuck Exxon had a $11,000,000,000 profit last year. That's right bitches, billion. How can a gas station say they are losing, on the average, 6 cent a gallon selling gas, yet oil companies are making record profits?

And today they announced the Fed's are investigating Barry Bonds for perjury. I say investige these mofo's. Oh wait, that's right. Good ol' Dubbya is a major player in the oil market, so that will NEVER happen.

Pay your high prices and get used to it. Shit won't go down. If they don't noticed a MAJOR dropoff when gas goes to $3.50/gallon, do you honestly think it will ever go below $2/gallon again? Nope.

Look at Europe, $3-$4 a liter. That is fucking stupid. Another way to see why gas is so high is that there are so many different regualtions required by each state. California needs its own gas due to emissions, so do most big cities. Midwest needs ethanol now, along with other places. Summer time gas produces less sulfur because of more people driving. It's like having 12 different types of milk to choose from that's all basically the same. Have one gas so refineries don't have to spend so much to make bullshit.

Sorry for the long rant, I've had enough shit today and needed to vent.

Usually I dont agree with you, but on this I do.

As for Europe they pay so much due to the fact that a majority of those countries want you to use public transport. So those who want the luxury of not listening to screamming babies or being in a germ infected enclosed area around rude people have to suffer and pay more for bucking the system.
These countries do however have a lot of viable cheap public transport where you could survive without a car. Where as here in the US in most places it would be difficult to survive without a car.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:11 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by WillSol
Usually I dont agree with you, but on this I do.
Wow, is it cold outside
Old 04-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Wow, is it cold outside

Temp did drop a few degrees with the storm..lol
Old 04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

Originally Posted by blah
Iran and India have nukes and don't like each other; they are having a nuclear standoff right now. If India sends on Iran's way, it'll cripple our crude oil market. That's why gas prices are high right now. Don't you motherfuckers watch the news?
If it isn't Iraq, it's Saudi Arabia. If it's not them it's Iran and India. Gas bitches got 10,000 excuses to make prices go up, but nothing to help it go down. It's complete bullshit regardless someone is eating real nice off this. A few weeks ago crude oil by the barrel was 3 dollars cheaper then when we were payng almost $3 for gas but yet prices went up overnight.

If there were only a way to make everyone not buy gas for a few days, they would quickly re evaluate the situation. Until then its $80 bucks a week for me....
Old 04-13-2006, 06:28 PM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

It took me $31 the other day, thats with 87, I was like Jesus Christ......

35 mpg>all!

Quick Reply: GAS PRICES?!?!