Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Family of four die in 120 mph crash from stuck throttle - hear about this?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation
Default Re: Family of four die in 120 mph crash from stuck throttle - hear about this?

Originally Posted by Audio
If youve only been riding a week, and your going 180+.... wow, just wow. (if its your first time riding a streetbike all together even better!)

so many ways to pick apart this statement.. first bike is a 1000? I dont know many 600s going 180+

edit* saw fabrik8 already beat me to it.
i seriously just noticed that i missed like a huge section of what i was trying to type because i was on the phone. i was in sixth gear actually going about 70-75 i hit it one time to pass someone and the throttle cable snagged on something and it kept going but i didnt notice it till around 120 ( people that ride know that 120 feels like maybe 80) and i started to panic and i was scared to cut the bike off because i didnt know if the rear wheel would lock or not. fucking mistakes happen and i never claimed to be the best rider. live and learn
Old 09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Re: Family of four die in 120 mph crash from stuck throttle - hear about this?

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
wow this guy seriously went thru all of my fucking posts to find pics of me lmgdBao. there are a shit ton of people on this site who know me. actually go up a few posts to Royalty, he knows me, and everyone whos ever met me knows im fucking far from ghetto. try getting your small pink red neck dick out of your ear (or cousins ear, i know how u rednecks are) and try listening to what people say about me that know me
Sorry I don't speak your ghetto uga buga language

Seriously, if you can’t figure out to pull in the clutch, like everyone suggested, then you should stick to the bus pass.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Ya I dont pay that close of attention to all of it, but like you said he did describe a prius to the dot.
I do a metric fuckload of Preii in our area, that is why I was trying to find some good images of the interior of this particular car. I had since changed my post.

Originally Posted by elambz
I've hit the button while the car is still in gear, and it turned off. Granted I was moving a car in our service lanes, not driving highway speeds.
I am going to try it tomorrow to see what happens. I am paranoid about those retarded key fobs anyway, I usually put them on the other end of the shop when I am doing any kind of engine bay work on one, just in case.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by fc735
I am going to try it tomorrow to see what happens. I am paranoid about those retarded key fobs anyway, I usually put them on the other end of the shop when I am doing any kind of engine bay work on one, just in case.
If its anywhere near the car its draining the battery, so the customer should thank you for saving them some battery life.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

If its anywhere near the car its draining the battery, so the customer should thank you for saving them some battery life.

Yep, already been replacing them in the 2 08's one of my customers has. Seems he leaves the damn thing in his bag, and leaves it on the seat all day long.

Retards.

but.....He has me putting a plug in addition to each and every one of them, 11 cars total. Their office has a rather large solar array on it, and they charge the cars at night. For the driving they do, they get pretty decent mileage, usually using about 20 gallons of gas a week. I didnt even want to get started with them about how much fossil fuel was used to install the arrays and such, I merely smiled and agreed that it is saving them fuel costs lol.

Then I get paid.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Seriously, someone do the physics behind a 3580 pound vehicle going 120mph and see how long it takes for it to slow down.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Pretty sure you just have to tap it aswell. Like I said I drive cars with "fobs" everyday. And never noticed having to hold it to cut it off.

And thanks to captain obvious for listing everything anyone with sense should already know about the car..
Thats what I was gonna say

So she bought a Prius that has been sitting on the lot for awhile, congrats. And what is the recall for, because I didn't see ANY recalls come out this morning, unless you're talking about this floor mat crap, and all that is, is Toyota making sure shit like this doesn't happen.
Honda and every other manufacturer had the same recall in like 1999.

wow this guy seriously went thru all of my fucking posts to find pics of me lmgdBao. there are a shit ton of people on this site who know me. actually go up a few posts to Royalty, he knows me, and everyone whos ever met me knows im fucking far from ghetto. try getting your small pink red neck dick out of your ear (or cousins ear, i know how u rednecks are) and try listening to what people say about me that know me
You look ghetto, and by the looks of the pics, you tried real hard too. Thats what you want to portray, thats the stereotype you want, thats the stereo type you get. Just sayin.

I didnt know that! I will remember that in the shop! It would prob still take like 2 days to kill the battery with the key fob though right?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

my problem isnt with you, you honestly didnt say anything out of the way to me and your mecp just like i am so i obviously have some sort of respect for you and what you do... and i never write check my ass cant cash. Im a grown ass man just like you and im not going to let anyone (Kimbo excluded) talk shit to or about me.
kimbo....yeah....I prob wouldnt say shit to him either....If I did it would automatically be racist
Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
I didnt know that! I will remember that in the shop! It would prob still take like 2 days to kill the battery with the key fob though right?
Its not something that happens overnight, because we've had cars that will sit on the rack for a couple days with the fob in the car and it'll start up, but it'll kill the battery a lot quicker. Whenever the fob is in range of the car, the smart key system is activated. If you park your car in the garage and leave the key hanging on a hook in the garage, don't expect the battery to last more than a few months.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Sorry I don't speak your ghetto uga buga language

Seriously, if you can’t figure out to pull in the clutch, like everyone suggested, then you should stick to the bus pass.
ill be ghetto if youll be the small pink dick redneck that you are

Quick Reply: Family of four die in 120 mph crash from stuck throttle - hear about this?