Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Failed inspection today

Old 07-08-2006, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers
Default Failed inspection today

So I within the past 2 days I got pulled over twice, and got 1 ticket for not having up to date state inspection, thats what I get for going to Canada for 10 days toward the end of June.

Brought it to get inspected today, FAILED because my OEM fog lights dont turn off when the highbeams go on.......... I mean holy crap, go by the book, I told the tech that I have a switch for them to turn off/on bla bla, he didnt care.

So im thinking about removing the switch for my fogs/painters taping my bumper to cover them up hah, or rewiring them.

ba, check engine light is on too, #1 O2 sensor is weak.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:22 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Failed inspection today

Originally Posted by Chezkers
So I within the past 2 days I got pulled over twice, and got 1 ticket for not having up to date state inspection, thats what I get for going to Canada for 10 days toward the end of June.

Brought it to get inspected today, FAILED because my OEM fog lights dont turn off when the highbeams go on.......... I mean holy crap, go by the book, I told the tech that I have a switch for them to turn off/on bla bla, he didnt care.

So im thinking about removing the switch for my fogs/painters taping my bumper to cover them up hah, or rewiring them.

ba, check engine light is on too, #1 O2 sensor is weak.
I was told that if the CE light is on, it can still pass due to the gas now used.

Take your fogs off, leave the harness hooked up. If they are on the car, they have to work. What year car is it, almost all newer cars turn off the fogs with highbeams.

(my fogs are oem style, they dont turn off with highbeams)
Old 07-08-2006, 08:29 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

CEL shouldn't fail.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

Originally Posted by Jarrod
I was told that if the CE light is on, it can still pass due to the gas now used.

Take your fogs off, leave the harness hooked up. If they are on the car, they have to work. What year car is it, almost all newer cars turn off the fogs with highbeams.

(my fogs are oem style, they dont turn off with highbeams)

2000, the fogs were rewired to be turned on with the parking lights, but they remain on with highbeams on.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:54 PM
PoNtEeN4

Henryx33 has disabled reputation

If you bought the car from a dealer have them inspect it. If not take it to the dealer nearest you. They should know the fog lights dont turn off with the HB unless its something you installed yourself. If so, your best bet is to try to find a hook up or some one that will take ten extra dollars and just slap one on for you.
Good Luck
Old 07-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

CutStang has disabled reputation

YA TAKE THE FOG LIGHTS OUT AND GO GET IT INSPECTED
Old 07-14-2006, 08:37 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

i'm getting ready to fail it next month..... anyone know someone and wanna PM me??
Old 07-14-2006, 08:53 PM
R U SeRiOUS?

Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta

That sucks for you because mine are rewired in the same fashion but I just turned my fogs off before they inspected mine so they wouldn't notice them......I dunno.....Maybe they were too worried about my illegal(any Non Sylvania bulb) that was in my headlights.....Good luck man.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Go to another place?
Old 07-15-2006, 06:26 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by shy_guy98ex
i'm getting ready to fail it next month..... anyone know someone and wanna PM me??
Ban.

Quick Reply: Failed inspection today