Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Evo vs. STI

Old 05-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ppayer38 has disabled reputation
Default Evo vs. STI

I cant decide whether i want a 06 STI or a 06 Evo VIII MR
Lets see some opinions on both these cars whether there good or bad i wanna hear em
Not worried bout money- -ive got time and can make the money
List of Modz avalable.....
Looks....
Engine.....
Handling.....

Last edited by ppayer38; 05-06-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula
Default Re: Evo vs. STI

Something wrong with your "z" key?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered member

AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx

List of mods for both= Anything and everything.It is all about how much you are able to buy or make
Old 05-06-2007, 04:34 PM
+1

goinWOT has disabled reputation

you can always get a 350ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Do they make the Evo VII in the MR package?
Old 05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

iZ likeZ daZ MRz a lilZ betterZ butZ youZ cantZ goZ wrongZ either wayZ.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

if u get a sti, get an 07. it has better gearing.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard

it all depends on what you want out of the car...stock for stock it personal choice....but once you start modding there really no comparison..evo hands down for the money. Evo suspension is a little stiffer unless you are getting the MR.

They do not make the Evo VII with the MR package.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

nor do they make an 06 VIII, they did make the IX though. I have driven both the evo and the STI and I now own an 06 IX GSR. In stock form the evo handles better, but is slower in the straights(neglegable) The IX now has MIVEC and a bigger turbo hotside than that of the VIII. There are a lot more aftermarket parts(parts that fit, and have been proven to work for the VIII) The IX has an active center differential with 3 settings: tarmac, gravel and snow. The STI has a little thumbwheel that has I think front, center, and rear. hope you know which one you need the most.
Making power in a evo is kinda like going to a strip club,in the sense that it's not a matter of if you can get laid, it's just a matter of how much money you want to spend.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:54 PM

bennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by split
The IX now has MIVEC and a bigger turbo hotside than that of the VIII. There are a lot more aftermarket parts(parts that fit, and have been proven to work for the VIII) The IX has an active center differential with 3 settings: tarmac, gravel and snow.
The IXs have the same hotside as the 05 VIII, 10.5, which is bigger then the 03-04 VIII hotside, 9.8. The compressor housing on the IX turbos are bigger then the VIIIs. Also the 05 VIIIs have ACD as well.

Quick Reply: Evo vs. STI