Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

East bear 240 head light conversion?

Old 12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

I'd much rather just get upgraded headlights. Cheaper, too.

Either do the H4 headlight conversion like I did, or you can do a direct replacement HID kit like a Sylvania Xenarc. Both routes are much cheaper than the Eastbear kit, as well as less iffy in terms of light output.

Sylvania Xenarc HID info:
http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/prodinfo.htm

FreshAlloy user review:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...#Post67605102.

Originally posted by RatedV
I just read what they wrote....I'm not into looks, but i want to make this FB look nice cause ima drive it a lot.....Thanx for the help "Soul".........
Another note to people who do the kouki tail conversion: you can't reuse the old lock cylinder on the trunk (it's too short), so you'll either have to deal with having a separate trunk key, or go to a locksmith to get the new trunk lock rekeyed to use the old key.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by soulDistortion
i'd much rather just get upgraded headlights. cheaper, too.

either do the H4 headlight conversion like I did, or you can do a direct replacement HID kit like a Sylvania Xenarc.

Sylvania Xenarc HID info:
http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/prodinfo.htm

FreshAlloy user review:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...#Post67605102.
Will check out.....Thanx.....
Old 12-05-2003, 10:18 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

what about those 6054 sealed beams at like advance that are "cool blue". would the give about the same output as an H4 conversion?
Old 12-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Most of those that are touted as being some "color" tend to suck because they're just tinted bulbs instead of something that's actually worth a damn (in terms of actual light output). Especially sealed beams. Why bother wasting your money on something that's not worth it IMO? If you're going to get a sealed beam, just get one that's a quality factory replacement. Stock s13 headlights already suck the fat one, but you know that already.

I much prefer the H4 conversion because it gives me more flexibility in lightbulb choices (I'm currently using the Hella E-Code H4 conversion with Hella bulbs).

I also hate sealed beams in general, which is more of a pet peeve than anything. I like keeping spare bulbs and whatnot in the car, and it's just easier to keep a small H4 than a big-ass sealed beam.

When I was installing H4's on Jesus' 240, there was a big difference between stock sealed and the H4. With one headlight left stock, and the other being H4 (for comparitive purposes), the light output was brighter, and the beam spread was wider and further on the H4.

I'll ask him what bulb he's running now, but either way, it's a definite improvement. He got his H4 housings for cheap, too. The only immediate difference between his and my (much) more expensive Hella units are that there are small tabs on his that made mounting the headlight in the bracket a little more difficult (I suggest grinding or otherwise removing them if they're present in yours). Take your pick, I personally went with the Hella's because I trust their company.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:43 AM
Patron

Originally posted by vasponger
holy shit! thats a lil much for lights dontcha think?
It's not the lights that are expensive: the bulk of the cost comes from the housing.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:49 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

www.importfan.com has the housing for cheap and you can put whatever lights you want in there. They look okay in the picture but when you see them in person they look really goofy..IMO..The sealed beam conversion is the way to go or if you have about $1000 laying around you can get the GRIMLIGHT CONVERSION from AB FLUG.

Last edited by _crs; 12-06-2003 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

www.jspec.com

in stock from what i remember
Old 12-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by soulDistortion
Most of those that are touted as being some "color" tend to suck because they're just tinted bulbs instead of something that's actually worth a damn (in terms of actual light output). Especially sealed beams. Why bother wasting your money on something that's not worth it IMO? If you're going to get a sealed beam, just get one that's a quality factory replacement. Stock s13 headlights already suck the fat one, but you know that already.

I much prefer the H4 conversion because it gives me more flexibility in lightbulb choices (I'm currently using the Hella E-Code H4 conversion with Hella bulbs).

I also hate sealed beams in general, which is more of a pet peeve than anything. I like keeping spare bulbs and whatnot in the car, and it's just easier to keep a small H4 than a big-ass sealed beam.

When I was installing H4's on Jesus' 240, there was a big difference between stock sealed and the H4. With one headlight left stock, and the other being H4 (for comparitive purposes), the light output was brighter, and the beam spread was wider and further on the H4.

I'll ask him what bulb he's running now, but either way, it's a definite improvement. He got his H4 housings for cheap, too. The only immediate difference between his and my (much) more expensive Hella units are that there are small tabs on his that made mounting the headlight in the bracket a little more difficult (I suggest grinding or otherwise removing them if they're present in yours). Take your pick, I personally went with the Hella's because I trust their company.
What all has Richie done to his car so far?
Tell him if you talk to him that i found him a redtop.......I cant seem to get ahold of him not even in PM's.....
Old 12-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by _crs
www.importfan.com has the housing for cheap and you can put whatever lights you want in there. They look okay in the picture but when you see them in person they look really goofy..IMO..The sealed beam conversion is the way to go or if you have about $1000 laying around you can get the GRIMLIGHT CONVERSION from AB FLUG.
LOL yeah i just happen to have 1000$'s laying around......

Those lights on that car in the pick look funny to me......
Old 12-06-2003, 10:42 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

This is why the Silvia front end is so nice

For the price of the Ab Flug headlights you can have a whole new front end.

Quick Reply: East bear 240 head light conversion?