Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

DSM 2.3 Stroker

Old 05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
The Rev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo_Dreams
Default DSM 2.3 Stroker

So I'm about to rebuild my DSM, and I've been kicking around the idea of doing the 2.3 stroker using a 4g64 crank. If I decided to do it its will be done right using a forged crank(probably an Eagle). Is anyone else running a similar setup. and how do you like it? Ive heard that they have a pretty good amount of torque. and are good for a street set up where high rpms aren't necessary. So anyway DSM gurus feel free to chime in and any info would be very helpful
Old 05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
The Rev

Turbo_Dreams
Default Re: DSM 2.3 Stroker

anybody?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

There are very few DSMs on this board, you could try posting it up in your region forum. I know there is a DSM specific in Western. If all fails check out dsmtuners.com or sovadsm.com
Old 05-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Registered Member

kelzyrenee has disabled reputation

The stroker motors are a great setup. I have rode in sevral DSM with stroker kits they are fun. If you dont plain to rev high and want to spool a turbo faster to help stroker is a great thing. Im more of a 2.0 High reving person my self but come down to what you want out of your car. But good luck man.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

I have a 7 bolt 2.4 from a galant with 9.3:1 wiseco's and eagle rods if your interested in purchasing it. I no longer have the car and have to reason to build it anymore.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

i'm running a 4g64 crank from a galant i got from my buddy keith down in chesterfield, had it micropolished while the machine shop was doing there thing with the motor. Now Brad Brooks has it and is assembling the whole thing. should be a fun motor.

i'm also running wiseco pistons, eagle rods, acl bearings in the motor. HTA88 turbo when that gets here.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:24 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

i would rather throw a jm fab intake mani and a big turbo ith the supporting mods and have a just as fast 2.0, which i did, i will gladly run a stroker any day of the week, plus i hate to sound cheap becouse i am not, but you save alot doing the 2.0 compared to doing a stroker the right way!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
CPL Us Army

yeah this is true but 2.3l is a perfect setup for quick spooling street cars with 'big' power

i'm also running a jmfab IM and big turbo, big cams, big FMIC, 3" piping.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

you and i are some of the very FEW poeple that did it right though, most people buy a stock gst or gsx and throw a 16-20g on it and expect a full drag car, my hats off to you for doing a correct stroker set-up, i am trying to get this r1 from this guy in f'burg i would love to see your setup. i dont think people understand the value/reliability of a correctly built dsm.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:53 AM
CPL Us Army

yeah maint. is the key well i got nothing right now but i talked to a friend with a turbo hatch out in culpeper you probably know adam? the car will be out that way when its done built...

Quick Reply: DSM 2.3 Stroker