VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Draggin in Poquoson tonight? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/draggin-poquoson-tonight-55061/)

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 06:55 PM

Draggin in Poquoson tonight?

Anyone know the real story behind the drag accident on wythe creek tonight? what ive heard so far is a girl (in a newer silver jetta, looked stock based on the identifyable rear section) was drag racing from somehwere past the 7-11 heading toward farm fresh, and apparently lost control and hit a tree head on at what police estimate to be 120mph, which flipped her around and over a few times, destroyed everything on the car besides the trunk, rear bumper, and rear wheels. Her condition to me is unkown, but from the looks of the accident, its hard to imagine anyone coming out of that one, if she was drag racing someone, they kept going, there were a few witnesses to this, but they were to shook up to say much to anyone, even the cops. This is what i've picked up so far, i want to know if i knew the girl, and if it was related to dragging down wythe creek, and with Poquoson it wont make news or newspapers most likely, So if anyone knows a girl around here that drives a newer silver jetta, prayers go out to you. pm me if you know her and dont want to post the name on here so i can make plans for things if i knew her.

bighunt 05-30-2004 07:18 PM

Re: Draggin in Poquoson tonight?

sweet jesus. 120 on wythe creek???? that's horrible. i hope she's alive.

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 07:25 PM

in a way i do too.. but from the looks of the car, if she is, she doesnt know it.. seriously... all you could see was the rear section, and the black frame... no other body panels or anything were there, not even the passenger side doors.. the roof was almost as low as the trunk... according to someone who was working right where it happened, she was drunk from a party tonight, so anyone reading this tonight.... have a safe holiday weekend.. and dont drink and drive!!!!!!! and really dont race if you've been drinking!

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:28 PM

hey man, did you stop and watch them clean it all up? i was there for about 5 minutes after i got off wokr that the seafood house, which was about 30 minutes after it happened. that car was sooo fucked up, i hope she's alright.. but damn! 120??? i don't believe that, the tree would have been more fucked up if that was the case

edit: maybe you saw me, i was in yellow shorts with a longsleeve brown t-shirt with red hair :dunno:

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:31 PM

damn, just saw your second post, i had a feeling whoever was driving had been drinking

edit again: i'm really mind boggled that it was 120 mph.. that tree barely had a scratch from what i coudl tell.. just about 3 feet of bark taken off.. it wasn't even bent or anything..

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 07:32 PM

well i didnt get out of the truck, i was in my girls bronco, and stopped for a second to talk to a guy i work with.. took a good look at the car, and it was fukked, didnt notice the trees tho.. but yeh, it was over 60 easy as bad as that car and front end were trashed.

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ProjektHatch
well i didnt get out of the truck, i was in my girls bronco, and stopped for a second to talk to a guy i work with.. took a good look at the car, and it was fukked, didnt notice the trees tho.. but yeh, it was over 60 easy as bad as that car and front end were trashed.

yea, no doubt 60.. 120 just seems farfetched. i was thinking around 80 or so...
but seriously.. speeding in poquoson is dangerous enough with the police. drag racing in poquoson just blows my mind

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 07:38 PM

yeh.. if you dont have a lifted truck with dual flowmaster pipes, you're crazy.. the cops with tag you like duck, duck, PRISONER. i see it all the time, they race past a speedtrap and cops just sit there... but when a honda, or probe, or anything like an import go flying by... them blue lights are second nature... its really unfair, but still, nobody should be doing it.. to many kids around here walking and on bikes.. i mean i wont lie, ive sped through here a few times, but never over 50mph, and that was only when i was following an ambulance with my girl in it to the hospitol one night.

MORE IMPATIENT 05-30-2004 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by ProjektHatch
but from the looks of the accident, its hard to imagine anyone coming out of that one, .

youd be amazed how many times i see someone come out of a completely destroyed car with a broken nail........and thats it.....

Iceman05 05-30-2004 07:41 PM

dang, i cant imagine 120 on wythe creek...