VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Draggin in Poquoson tonight? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/draggin-poquoson-tonight-55061/)

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 06:55 PM

Draggin in Poquoson tonight?

Anyone know the real story behind the drag accident on wythe creek tonight? what ive heard so far is a girl (in a newer silver jetta, looked stock based on the identifyable rear section) was drag racing from somehwere past the 7-11 heading toward farm fresh, and apparently lost control and hit a tree head on at what police estimate to be 120mph, which flipped her around and over a few times, destroyed everything on the car besides the trunk, rear bumper, and rear wheels. Her condition to me is unkown, but from the looks of the accident, its hard to imagine anyone coming out of that one, if she was drag racing someone, they kept going, there were a few witnesses to this, but they were to shook up to say much to anyone, even the cops. This is what i've picked up so far, i want to know if i knew the girl, and if it was related to dragging down wythe creek, and with Poquoson it wont make news or newspapers most likely, So if anyone knows a girl around here that drives a newer silver jetta, prayers go out to you. pm me if you know her and dont want to post the name on here so i can make plans for things if i knew her.

bighunt 05-30-2004 07:18 PM

Re: Draggin in Poquoson tonight?

sweet jesus. 120 on wythe creek???? that's horrible. i hope she's alive.

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 07:25 PM

in a way i do too.. but from the looks of the car, if she is, she doesnt know it.. seriously... all you could see was the rear section, and the black frame... no other body panels or anything were there, not even the passenger side doors.. the roof was almost as low as the trunk... according to someone who was working right where it happened, she was drunk from a party tonight, so anyone reading this tonight.... have a safe holiday weekend.. and dont drink and drive!!!!!!! and really dont race if you've been drinking!

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:28 PM

hey man, did you stop and watch them clean it all up? i was there for about 5 minutes after i got off wokr that the seafood house, which was about 30 minutes after it happened. that car was sooo fucked up, i hope she's alright.. but damn! 120??? i don't believe that, the tree would have been more fucked up if that was the case

edit: maybe you saw me, i was in yellow shorts with a longsleeve brown t-shirt with red hair :dunno:

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:31 PM

damn, just saw your second post, i had a feeling whoever was driving had been drinking

edit again: i'm really mind boggled that it was 120 mph.. that tree barely had a scratch from what i coudl tell.. just about 3 feet of bark taken off.. it wasn't even bent or anything..

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 07:32 PM

well i didnt get out of the truck, i was in my girls bronco, and stopped for a second to talk to a guy i work with.. took a good look at the car, and it was fukked, didnt notice the trees tho.. but yeh, it was over 60 easy as bad as that car and front end were trashed.

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ProjektHatch
well i didnt get out of the truck, i was in my girls bronco, and stopped for a second to talk to a guy i work with.. took a good look at the car, and it was fukked, didnt notice the trees tho.. but yeh, it was over 60 easy as bad as that car and front end were trashed.

yea, no doubt 60.. 120 just seems farfetched. i was thinking around 80 or so...
but seriously.. speeding in poquoson is dangerous enough with the police. drag racing in poquoson just blows my mind

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 07:38 PM

yeh.. if you dont have a lifted truck with dual flowmaster pipes, you're crazy.. the cops with tag you like duck, duck, PRISONER. i see it all the time, they race past a speedtrap and cops just sit there... but when a honda, or probe, or anything like an import go flying by... them blue lights are second nature... its really unfair, but still, nobody should be doing it.. to many kids around here walking and on bikes.. i mean i wont lie, ive sped through here a few times, but never over 50mph, and that was only when i was following an ambulance with my girl in it to the hospitol one night.

MORE IMPATIENT 05-30-2004 07:41 PM

but from the looks of the accident, its hard to imagine anyone coming out of that one, .

youd be amazed how many times i see someone come out of a completely destroyed car with a broken nail........and thats it.....

Iceman05 05-30-2004 07:41 PM

dang, i cant imagine 120 on wythe creek...

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:43 PM

yeh.. if you dont have a lifted truck with dual flowmaster pipes, you're crazy.. the cops with tag you like duck, duck, PRISONER. i see it all the time, they race past a speedtrap and cops just sit there... but when a honda, or probe, or anything like an import go flying by... them blue lights are second nature... its really unfair, but still, nobody should be doing it.. to many kids around here walking and on bikes.. i mean i wont lie, ive sped through here a few times, but never over 50mph, and that was only when i was following an ambulance with my girl in it to the hospitol one night.

yea.. for a while the kids in poquoson were just out of hand on their bikes and motorized scooters. they had absolutely no clue as to what was going on around them. i almost hit this one kid twice in the same week because he felt as if he could just go straight past all stop signs and fly across the road at full speed.

actually.. i have never been pulled for speeding in poquoson and i go about 42 mph.. i've passed cops here at that speed and the worst they've done was pull out and follow me(but no lights or anything), except one time when they followed me home out past curfew and i was going exactly 35mph :( oh well back to the main topic..

anyone know who it was??

Slimsta Jimsta 05-30-2004 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
youd be amazed how many times i see someone come out of a completely destroyed car with a broken nail........and thats it.....

yea.. but i saw the car.. there was basically NO room for anyone to be seated in the passenger side because of how crushed the car was. i didn't get to see the drivers side though, but they hit the tree on the passenger side.. so that's why it looked so bad

ProjektHatch 05-30-2004 07:44 PM

yeh i hear ya man... ill definately think twice next time someone revs on me.. ill most likely point, laugh, and tell em to go ahead ill watch from behind.

flow fx 05-30-2004 08:22 PM

Another dumb bitch drinking and driving and of course, wrecking.

:thup:

lindsey 05-30-2004 09:25 PM

We saw it, didn't hear nothing about dragging though, just that she was drinking and driving. Before they got it cleared up, you could see the shattered beer bottles on the street, and they were pulling them out of the car. Luckily no one was in the passnger seat, that freaking side of the car was GONE. And dammit, she messed up one of the trees on the street... I hate that shit, coming back in tonight it was all skinned up :)

lindsey 05-30-2004 09:26 PM

What's creepy is I had been driving there, my friend called me to pick her up so I turned around and got her, and when we drove back cops were already swarming it... I was only gone for about 5 minutes, so it happened in that time frame. Werd!

sonic_va 05-30-2004 09:28 PM

you know if she was drinking and driving, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for her.

lindsey 05-30-2004 09:28 PM

Oh, and my friend say her being lifted into the ambulance and said she was alive at the time.

Corey 05-30-2004 11:14 PM

Hopefully she is fine, but those mk4 jettas are safe little vehicles actually. I'd rather get in an accident in my VW than any of the other compact cars. I want to get hit by a ton of airbags.

SloRSX 05-31-2004 05:51 AM

I saw the car. It was fucked up. Supposedly wat i was told was she was drinking and driving then raced someone and hit a tree.

GotB00stPsi 05-31-2004 06:19 AM

damn i havent heard anything yet, and i didnt see it, but i hope shes ok, and glad she didnt hurt anyone else in the process of being stupid cunt

NIC668 05-31-2004 06:32 AM

poquson (sp?) must be a pretty tiny place with everyone on here seeing this wreck. I have never been there before. Is that road a pretty dangous road? If she was drinking and driving then she got what was coming to her.

Black Z-24 05-31-2004 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by STK CRX
poquson (sp?) must be a pretty tiny place with everyone on here seeing this wreck. I have never been there before. Is that road a pretty dangous road? If she was drinking and driving then she got what was coming to her.

Poquoson is very small, a city of like only 11,000 people. Wythe Creek is the main road in Poquoson. Not a dangerous road at all, but when you're drunk any road is dangerous.

jeremy 05-31-2004 07:41 AM

darwin wins again

Corey 05-31-2004 07:44 AM

where was it on wythe creek?

Black Z-24 05-31-2004 07:48 AM

was drag racing from somehwere past the 7-11 heading toward farm fresh.

JBub 05-31-2004 10:19 AM

Ironic how if you sneeze in Poquoson, everyone knows about it, yet we can't find out this girls name.

I'm going to guess it's one of the "thug" girls from around town.

I hope she lives so she can go to jail.

tiki240 05-31-2004 10:31 AM

dayum son. im glad i hung up my street racin gloves. well.. that is i drive a probe now and the thought of competeing with someone else is not something i can even fathom... hope shes gonna live. maybe this way her friends can see her fucked up and then theyll learn to not let her drink and drive. and wythe creek aint a road id go ne where near 60 on.

flow fx 05-31-2004 10:49 AM

There are seriously like... 2-3 ways in and out of Poqouson by car.. that's it

NIC668 05-31-2004 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by flo w fx
There are seriously like... 2-3 ways in and out of Poqouson by car.. that's it

haha. I couldnt live there I would go insane :p

Black Z-24 05-31-2004 12:33 PM

haha. I couldnt live there I would go insane :p

much more peaceful that way.

lindsey 05-31-2004 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by greygti
where was it on wythe creek?

Right by where the old Food Lion was, across from the Farm Fresh parking lot.

Slimsta Jimsta 05-31-2004 04:55 PM

any word on if she's alright and what her name is yet?

JBub 05-31-2004 06:34 PM

Only car fitting that description I know of is a girl named Stacy Tinkley.

Black Z-24 05-31-2004 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by NighthawkRSX
Only car fitting that description I know of is a girl named Stacy Tinkley.

one of my ex girlfriends, haha. I hope shes ok, but shes an idiot for driving drunk

gen4H22A 05-31-2004 08:54 PM

is wythe creek somewhere around wolf trap and dandy loop and shit???

Whenever i go out there i get lost

Black Z-24 06-01-2004 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by gen4H22A
is wythe creek somewhere around wolf trap and dandy loop and shit???

Whenever i go out there i get lost

Far from there - it's on the other end of victory blvd. Right outside of Nasa.

sho taurus 06-01-2004 05:18 AM

that's like the few months ago i was sitting in court with my wife.and this idiot got clocked at 100 mph on king street(35 mph) and the judge was like where on king street can you do 100 mph,so many parking lots and side streets anyone including a kid on bike could come out in street.judge tore him a new @ss took his license for 1 year and had big fine.inwhich i think he should have took his license for good cuz as you can tell he doesn't have a clue of how to be safe.it's only a matter of time before he kills someone,same as this girl in poquoson drunk or not... she is a idiot ...120 on wythe creek.just like idiots who race and then come up on slower traffic so then they start weaving in and out of traffic.you know wtf for?risking everybodies life in the group of cars just to prove who's piece of sh@t is faster.who cares?and btw racing thru traffic really isn't racing neither for the idiots who do this.people use your heads out there.

gen4H22A 06-01-2004 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Black Z-24
Far from there - it's on the other end of victory blvd. Right outside of Nasa.

Oh damn

lindsey 06-01-2004 01:16 PM

I feel pretty confident it wasn't Stacey, I heard the driver was a minor, and from Chesapeake.