Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: DOHC or SOHC
DOHC all motor
84.78%
SOHC all motor
15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

DOHC or SOHC

Old 08-15-2005, 01:08 PM
takin it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default DOHC or SOHC

need you help people....

I'm in the middle of building a 93 hatchback. Im stuck on the engine. I dont know what i should go with. I want to build the engine either way and do all-motor set up. But i dont know weather if i should go with a DOHC V-tec or a SOHC v-tec setup. The car is just abou finished and i still have nothing under the hood, so if you voice you opinon and why. it will be put to great use.

Jayson

**edit** i spelled vtec right the 1st and i must have been thinkin about something the 2nd time i had to spell it....fuck

Last edited by HORNY4ZORNY; 08-16-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:15 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: DOHC or SOHC

Just go DOHC v-tech and get the best of both worlds
Old 08-15-2005, 01:28 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

get DOHC+VTEC+BOOST.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

ummm, this is an obvious no brainer.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

It all depends on the money you are willing to spend. To be honest with you, the F22 is a great motor to build on and is single cam. Just because an engine has two cams doesn't necessarily make it the obvious choice. The F22 offers larger displacement than what you can obtain with any B series motor without increasing the stroke. Obviously that costs even more money on top of the already more expensive B series engine.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:41 PM

Acurafreak34 is an unknown quantity at this point

he's got a point there....^^
Old 08-15-2005, 06:52 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ZEROpsi
It all depends on the money you are willing to spend. To be honest with you, the F22 is a great motor to build on and is single cam. Just because an engine has two cams doesn't necessarily make it the obvious choice. The F22 offers larger displacement than what you can obtain with any B series motor without increasing the stroke. Obviously that costs even more money on top of the already more expensive B series engine.
That may be the case, but you can't really compare the F series to the D series or B series. The H22 has more potential than the F22 and it's a twin cam. The twin cam motors provide more potential for power than the single cams do, period. That being said, only do what you can afford. If you can't afford a B or H series swap, then why even bother asking? If you can afford one, then do it. You'll be much happier with the results.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

I read somewhere that sohc's produce more torque than dohc. But can't produce the peak hp like dohc.

And it seems to correlate with what i've seen personally in honda motor's going for NA.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

i have a sohc vtec and let me tell u, its gey.

dohc.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:21 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by blaxican25
That may be the case, but you can't really compare the F series to the D series or B series. The H22 has more potential than the F22 and it's a twin cam. The twin cam motors provide more potential for power than the single cams do, period. That being said, only do what you can afford. If you can't afford a B or H series swap, then why even bother asking? If you can afford one, then do it. You'll be much happier with the results.
The F22 is kind of like the bastard child. The H22 only holds "more potential" because of the lack of aftermarket for the F22. And there are little things about the F22 that are neat, like the need to not buy dual valve springs due the ample amount of room in the head. The fact that you can swap bottom end parts (and possibly an H22 head) into/onto the F22 block. The F22 would definetly be a budget builder. Bizi did something great with his F22s and continues to do so.

Quick Reply: DOHC or SOHC