Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?

Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?

Yes... after washing the truck yesterday I need to buy a foam cannon.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?

i worked at sears for like 5 years in lawn and garden.....i know those power washers VERY well...ok like stated in the manual, you have to put the pressure washer on low spray pressure when using the applicator tube (the clear tube) ....to use low pressure, you should have to just pull the end nozzle of the pressure washer, than it sprays using a much softer pressure. To resume after applying intended product, simlply push the end back down (its been a while since i worked there, so i could have the pull/push lever in junction with the low/high pressure reversed, but it will be obvious on which is which)
Old 05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hondas_Only
I have a power washing business and i can tell you that u need the cleaning solutions that are specifically for power washers. regular soap mixtures are way too thick which is why you go through it so quickly. the power washer specific stuff is cheap anyway. i did a whole house with half a bottle.
from this post , yes , the premade solutions are cheap, but it is WAY cheaper to mix it yourself, especially something like a bleach.water mix for mildew on houses. the ratios SHOULD be in the manual....if i remember right, bleach/water is 10:1