Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?

I have a gas powered craftsman powerwasher. I've found that when trying to use the soap function it sucks through carwash soap extremely quickly... i.e. I could go through a whole bottle in about 5 minutes. Mine has the clear tube that you put into the soap bottle. Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to make soapy water in a 5 gallon bucket and draw from that?

Thanks for any tips/tricks.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 05-01-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?

subscribed for answers
Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com
Default Re: Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?

we recently power washed some old shelving units at my work and the degreaser we used was being sucked from a 5 gallon bucket of degreaser/water solution so i would assume the same would be fine for what you are trying to do.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

so suck it from a mix source?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

yes most substance that are to be used in the pressure washer are usually commercial grade and need to be diluted from concentrate. I'd follow manufacturers directions or mix to your liking if there are nun.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Hmmm... maybe the tube isn't designed specifically for soap but for any cleaner/chemical hence the fast use rate. I'll try it this evening w/ the soap pre-mixed in a large bucket and see if that works better.

The one time I put the tube directly in a carwash soap bottle it made great suds but it sucked through the bottle with a quickness.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by execelon
yes most substance that are to be used in the pressure washer are usually commercial grade and need to be diluted from concentrate. I'd follow manufacturers directions or mix to your liking if there are nun.
Yep. They're meant for cleaning solutions, not straight car wash soap.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

I have a power washing business and i can tell you that u need the cleaning solutions that are specifically for power washers. regular soap mixtures are way too thick which is why you go through it so quickly. the power washer specific stuff is cheap anyway. i did a whole house with half a bottle.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:47 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

If you want to use a powerwasher for cleaning, I'd suggest buying a foamer attachment for it and bypassing the built in reservoir. A foam cannon will give you about an inch of thick foam that can sit for a couple minutes and break down dirt and grime before you wash. Putting high pressure on a dirty car is not a good idea.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

This thread depresses me because I need to powerwash my house and deck when I get home and I'm not looking forward to it

Quick Reply: Detailers (or anyone with a powerwasher): Proper way to use soap tube?