Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

crate motor question

Old 07-13-2005, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D_macZ24 has disabled reputation
Default crate motor question

I am lookin at replacing a motor and im looking for a crate 4cyl. Does neone know where to get good ones at?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: crate motor question

Originally Posted by D_macZ24
I am lookin at replacing a motor and im looking for a crate 4cyl. Does neone know where to get good ones at?
What motor are you looking to replace?

Also, a good starting point on the internet when your trying to find something is google.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:30 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

z24, right?

www.gmgoodwrench.com

and

www.google.com
Old 07-13-2005, 10:01 AM

D_macZ24 has disabled reputation

yea i have a 2.4L non ecotec but i want a 4cyl motor that is already bored and stroked so i dont have to do nething to it cept add a turbo or w/e to it
Old 07-13-2005, 11:18 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

you'll have to ask the j-body guys, but i don't think you're going to find anything like that.

your best bet is to find the motor you're looking for (you still haven't specified), drop it off at a machine shop, and tell them what you want. they'll tell you what pistons and rods and other hardware that will suit your needs and how much they'll cost. they'll even install the turbo kit for you so it's ready to go in your car.

you might want to do more research first on what exactly it is you want, and bust open your piggie bank.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:38 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you gotta be kidding me. boosing a quad 4 is almost as retarded as boosting a honda.

wait....it is more retarded. those engines will pop a head gasket if you look at it crosseyed.

btw....a reman GM unit with a 3yr/100 k warranty is in the range of 2200-2600 for a long block.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:57 PM
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy

Originally Posted by fc735
you gotta be kidding me. boosing a quad 4 is almost as retarded as boosting a honda.

wait....it is more retarded. those engines will pop a head gasket if you look at it crosseyed.

btw....a reman GM unit with a 3yr/100 k warranty is in the range of 2200-2600 for a long block.
since when is boosting a Honda retarded?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:59 PM
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy

Originally Posted by D_macZ24
it would be cheaper to swap an 3800 Series II S/C
Old 07-13-2005, 06:04 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by 924drsleeper
it would be cheaper to swap an 3800 Series II S/C

in a crapalier? you ever worked on one? the 3.1/2.8 shitcans they had before the current four banger Z24's were a 60 degree engine, much less of a spread on the cylinders, so it could fit. a 3.8 is a wide ass bitch (i know its about 33" wide at the valve covers, if i recall. was gonna drop one in my old metro before junking it)

not saying it wont fit, but i doubt that dude has the knowledge/ability/motivation to do that if he is asking for engine (sorry...."motor" ) advice on Drag.

Originally Posted by 924drsleeper
since when is boosting a Honda retarded?

since its inception.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:27 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I thought he was asking Crate a motor question....

Quick Reply: crate motor question