Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Coilovers Revalved/rebuilt

Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volcomander has disabled reputation
Default Coilovers Revalved/rebuilt

Where in VA could I take my coilovers to have them revalved and new coils added?

I have heard some dirt bike shops do custom valving aswell?

Also considering other nearby states for cheaper shipping. I know of a few places in Ca but that would raise the shipping$$$.

Thanks

Last edited by Volcomander; 07-12-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: Coilovers Revalved/rebuilt

The manufacturer?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Volcomander has disabled reputation

thats where I'm gonna go if there is no one local/closer
Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Do it yourself.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

No, he probably meant who manufacturers your coilovers. What brand..? But yes, if they need to be rebuilt the manufacturer is often the best bet, unless they're one of the Chinese/Taiwan brands and then there probably isn't any hope.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
No, he probably meant who manufacturers your coilovers. What brand..? But yes, if they need to be rebuilt the manufacturer is often the best bet, unless they're one of the Chinese/Taiwan brands and then there probably isn't any hope.
Lol, I was implying both actually. OP just send them in to the manufacturer it'll be the best bet
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I was actually wondering that too because I have had a set of discontinued ASTs for while now (not installed yet). They're brand new but with them being discontinued I don't know if AST would still revalve/rebuild them for when they eventually need it. If there was a place in the DMV/NC area that'd be great. I know Fortune does rebuilding but I'm not sure whether that's on all manufacturers or just their own.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Race B&on
I was actually wondering that too because I have had a set of discontinued ASTs for while now (not installed yet). They're brand new but with them being discontinued I don't know if AST would still revalve/rebuild them for when they eventually need it. If there was a place in the DMV/NC area that'd be great. I know Fortune does rebuilding but I'm not sure whether that's on all manufacturers or just their own.
Good quality coilovers (meaning brands that are worthwhile to rebuild) can usually be rebuilt by one of the damper shops specializing in that. Most shops specialize in specific brands though, because parts will be different from brand to brand. If the rebuild just involves new seals, they're usually standard sizes and getting them isn't a problem. There is a damper shop in Mooresville that does Penske and Ohlins (among others) but I can't remember the name.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Shop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud ofShop Form Fresh has much to be proud of

Try calling Fortune-Auto, I know they can do rebuilds and custom valving on their own stuff, maybe they can do it on yours? It's worth a shot.