VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Chrysler becomes Lancia? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/chrysler-becomes-lancia-350154/)

White Devil 06-09-2010 10:11 PM

Re: Chrysler becomes Lancia?

Thats what I get for skimming and not reading...

NX2KDET 06-10-2010 04:52 AM

Isn't FIAT the biggest automotive manufacture out there? Don't they own Ferrari? :dunno:

buugiewuugie 06-10-2010 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi (Post 6375656)

That actually looks decent.

Trunk Impaired 06-10-2010 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by NX2KDET (Post 6376043)
Isn't FIAT the biggest automotive manufacture out there? Don't they own Ferrari? :dunno:

Fiat does own Ferrari along with Alfa Romeo, Lancia, and Maserati (and some of Chrysler but who knows??) but they aren't the biggest. VW still holds that honor as they own Lamborghini, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Bentley, and Bugatti. And the Lancia Delta was a good candidate to turn into a Chrysler for the American market, nice smooth lines, four doors, and absolutely the least ugly of Lancias 4 models (Delta, Musa, Phedra, and Ypsilon). Although I'd still like to see them go back to their rallying days and make a Chrysler Delta Integrale. :D

ILLEGAL 06-10-2010 10:49 AM

who gives a fuck? Thank you.

If you dont want the "one of the big three" to dissapear, sell the bmw, and get one. If they were a limping horse (which they have been forever) they would have been shot already.

bonestock94 06-10-2010 11:07 AM

Chrysler is becoming Lancia in Europe, not here. At least not yet.

Trunk Impaired 06-10-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL (Post 6376627)
who gives a fuck? Thank you.

If you dont want the "one of the big three" to dissapear, sell the bmw, and get one. If they were a limping horse (which they have been forever) they would have been shot already.

Hey man, calm down, what'd I ever do to you? my BMW isn't worth 2k let alone enough for even a down payment on a Chrysler vehicle of any kind, and it's not like I bought the BMW new and I'm supporting them instead of American manufacturers I just don't have the money for a new car. I'm just saying what implications does this have for the other manufacturers? Who is next? I just think that the face of Chrysler and possibly American cars in general may be changing and that it's worth discussing. (or at least noting)

ILLEGAL 06-10-2010 01:12 PM

Calm down? Ok....I am calm. You OK? Anyway....the face of US auto manufacturers changed already, the topic has been beaten to death, and not that it matters, but I think If they are going to die, let it happen already. If they would design something worth a fuck, and streamline their products, and focus on quality, they wouldn't be the mcd's of auto makers.

Trunk Impaired 06-10-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL (Post 6376923)
Calm down? Ok....I am calm. You OK? Anyway....the face of US auto manufacturers changed already, the topic has been beaten to death, and not that it matters, but I think If they are going to die, let it happen already. If they would design something worth a fuck, and streamline their products, and focus on quality, they wouldn't be the mcd's of auto makers.

Agreed, Chrysler has been making shit for a while, and this is probably good for them, but I think Ford and GM do make some worthwhile cars and I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come for American manufacturers.

Z33_Taxi 06-10-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie (Post 6376078)
That actually looks decent.

yea i could see those doing well...kinda goes along with the "modern" design cars seem to be going towards