Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Which car would you choose?

Old 06-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: Which car would you choose?

Originally Posted by boostjunkie
because germans just do it better.
...one of the most intelligent things you've ever said.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:14 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by YeloBlitzEclips
but hes looking for a dedicated weekend/track car. i would expect that since this car will have the hell driven out of it, the z06 might be a more reasonable choice all things considered such as replacement parts and whatnot. but hell, if you've got that much money, 911TT all the way or a gt2 maybe??
You can buy it with those intentions but I can almost guarentee that it'll get driven more than just for track days.

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I don't support any car one way or the other, so my statement is going to be completely unbiased. However, a Porsche is probably one of the most unreliable cars on the road. Do a little research. Yes, they have amazing craftsmanship and resale value, but not because they are a good car in these terms. They are rated at the bottom of the list when it comes to value/quality and lead the market significantly in recalls. I agree, its an awesome sports car in the performance and appearance catergory, but remember that when you're pushing it home.
That's initital problems and I know full well that Porsche has 'em. But in the long term you will have fewer problems with Porsche I think. You look at a 15-20 year old 911 and 9 times out of 10 it's still running as good as the day it was bought, the interior is still in good shape and the body still looks beautiful. You can't really say the same for vettes. I guess time will tell how the new ones do, but the C5s don't look like they'll be any better than the old ones.

p.s. the viper isn't even a consideration.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:23 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by greygti
...one of the most intelligent things you've ever said.

you forget...

im half german.

(i had my motives.)
Old 06-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Flite
You can buy it with those intentions but I can almost guarentee that it'll get driven more than just for track days.

That's initital problems and I know full well that Porsche has 'em. But in the long term you will have fewer problems with Porsche I think. You look at a 15-20 year old 911 and 9 times out of 10 it's still running as good as the day it was bought, the interior is still in good shape and the body still looks beautiful. You can't really say the same for vettes. I guess time will tell how the new ones do, but the C5s don't look like they'll be any better than the old ones.

p.s. the viper isn't even a consideration.
I think a lot of what you're saying though, comes froms the fact that its a Porsche. They're a rare, exspensive, imported sports car that is going to have meticulous owners. They may be in this kind of condition 15-20 years from now just for this reason. Now because they are rare and sought after, they're value is going to be higher than that of a equal year 'vette and cost more for an individual to own and maintain. With that said, who is going to spend a lot of money to beat the shit out of it. I believe that is why these cars are in better condition than there competition.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:38 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I think a lot of what you're saying though, comes froms the fact that its a Porsche. They're a rare, exspensive, imported sports car that is going to have meticulous owners. They may be in this kind of condition 15-20 years from now just for this reason. Now because they are rare and sought after, they're value is going to be higher than that of a equal year 'vette and cost more for an individual to own and maintain. With that said, who is going to spend a lot of money to beat the shit out of it. I believe that is why these cars are in better condition than there competition.

any car that is taken care of will look beautiful even after a few years.

problem is, most people are lazy.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:46 AM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

porsche
Old 06-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by boostjunkie
any car that is taken care of will look beautiful even after a few years.

problem is, most people are lazy.
I agree with that statement 110%!
Old 06-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Divexxtreme will become famous soon enough

Porsche it is. Thanks everyone.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Patron

Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler Whistler

Lingenfelter TT427 C-6. With a 2 yr warranty and 725+ rwhp. No modding needed.
Plus only appearance of that hood is sweet on that c-6
http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c6_427.htm
Old 06-07-2005, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Divexxtreme will become famous soon enough

That price though...$86,000.00 *on top of* the cost of a base Corvette. My god.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-07-2005 at 05:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Which car would you choose?