Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Camera Mount Help & Video Editing

Old 11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
DGAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie
Default Re: Camera Mount Help & Video Editing

Originally Posted by pieisgude
I was gonna say driver's seat as well, but what about suction cup window mounts?
A decent suction cup mount was around 3x as much, should of got one though.

I just downloaded windows movie maker but I just ran into another problem. My video comes out as a .mp4 format, most video editing software doesn't support that. A lot of the video format converting programs I am trying out seem to have a ton of adware and crap along with the program itself. This is really starting to be a pain in the ass.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You should be able to find something, MP4 is a pretty common video format. Have you looked in the camera settings to see if there is a different default codec that you can use instead of MPEG4?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM
DGAF

Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie

I uninstalled Windows Movie Maker and reinstalled it. Works pretty good now.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:34 AM
makes cars dance

joenationwide has disabled reputation

Videopad is very good. Its a professional video editing tool and you can download the base version free. I like it better than Windows Movie Maker because WMM compresses the video and destroys the quality.

Also, you can buy a small 50" tripod from target for $15 and use 2 bungee cords to hold it down. I use that and mount it in the rear footwell between the seats. Works great and no vibration.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:59 AM
DGAF

I ended up spending $8 on materials from ACE Hardware and made my own bracket. Works pretty good, I will have to put some pictures up.

I am going to look into that videopad because like you said with the compression on Windows Movie Maker. After the video processed and the finished product was complete, for some reason the video ran at about half speed while the music ran at normal. Kinda wierd if you ask me. Here is the video from the Autocross at ACU-4 on November 21st. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKT90x8zv9g