Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Buying/Shipping a vehicle

Old 04-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b16a2 has disabled reputation
Default Buying/Shipping a vehicle

I am interested in buying a vehicle across the country but the seller nor myself have time to meet. What is the easiest/ safest way to purchase a vehicle and have it shipped...Cashier's check? Personal Check? Money order? Wire transfer? etc... We agreed for me to send him a little deposit and in return he would send me the title... From there the vehicle shippers would come issue me a tracking number and while the car was in transport, I would wire him the remaining balance. He seems like an honest guy but I dont really know him like that. The only info I have on him is his name and address. Does our little agreement sound logical? Anyone else ever dealt with a situation like this? Your input would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

nosman757 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Buying/Shipping a vehicle

actually I would stick with something like a legal document maybe him signing something or the whole sending him alittle of it a giving you a title wouldn't be that bad but I would give him half before and half when I gets to you. but remeber you should prob also send something to him in writing.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:23 AM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

i just sold my car to a kid in cali, we drew up some sort of contract and so on and so forth, i wasnt to worried about because i had the cash and the car at the same time.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Not trying to jack this thread, but what methods of shipping/transport are available? I'm moving in July and don't want to drive the WRX across the country.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Breezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these parts

Was it an eBay auction? eBay has it's ways of making stuff like that legal. Maybe he could open a private auction and you 'win' it. Might cost a lil, but at least it's legal and documented by eBay.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:49 PM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Not trying to jack this thread, but what methods of shipping/transport are available? I'm moving in July and don't want to drive the WRX across the country.
ASAP Auto Shipping, Inc.
Phone: (813) 541-(ASAP) 2727
Fax: (813) 433-5185
Web: www.asapautoshipping.com
E-mail: info@asapautoshipping.com

enclosed trailers