Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Bought an STI

Old 11-24-2014, 02:30 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Re: Bought an STI

Originally Posted by Rich
I was being sarcastic ;-) My son would probably fuck his STi if it had a vagina.

i saw a pic of this in another thread and kind of figured it out... unfortunately sarcasm doesn't always come off clearly on the internet .

have i said before that i love that color?? anyway, where do you have this thing tuned at? there's actually a few places sort of near me that i'm considering looking into, and i'd be interested to hear any recommendations/word of mouth about a reliable tuning shop when i start to get serious.

Originally Posted by djyuck
OP, fuck the dragraces with your STi. You have all winter to get your car track-ready. Although, from what I read, they come stock track-ready. Which tires did they come with?

Rich, what lap time did your son get on the 'Ring? I've been once this year and am trying to go this weekend, too (it helps living 3 hrs. away). Your son's car is gorgeous. Are you looking into another car any time soon? The Charger Hellcat really has me itching to pull the trigger, as does the GLA AMG.
i hear you, i actually wasn't very enthusiastic about torturing the clutch at a drag strip anyway... it's pretty ironic that now i'm literally minutes from a decent drag strip and my interest in drag racing has almost gone away completely.

it's got 245/40R18 dunlop sport maxx rt's on it now. interestingly enough, that's one of the areas i'm considering upgrading first... it's just in time for winter so i'm looking at self-preservation by swapping these tires out for some tolerable all-seasons, and swapping out the stock wheels for some advan gt's in the spring. i'll probably do coils at the same time- but that's still my 90s mindset. i still like the lowered-on-aftermarket-wheels look, but i'm not interested in ruining the car's track capabilities just to look cool. i know there's some super cheap coilovers out there that the "stance" crowd favors, but i'm more interested in actually driving the car hard than parking it hard.

advans-

also considering work emotions, and i'd love to have this look but not at the expense of drivability-

Last edited by blackout; 11-24-2014 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:55 AM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

^ ^ ^ I personally wouldn't fuck with the suspension until true tested mods have been out and proper reviews have been done. Maybe they already have. When I had my STi, I had Tein coilovers, which worked great. I wonder if you even need coilovers vs the stock...?

As far as enginge tuning, when I had mine from 06-10, the only shops I would take mine to was Agile in Fallston and Mach V in VA. I'm sure their businesses are still running strong.

Are you planning on going the Cobb AP route for EM?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:16 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by djyuck
^ ^ ^ I personally wouldn't fuck with the suspension until true tested mods have been out and proper reviews have been done. Maybe they already have. When I had my STi, I had Tein coilovers, which worked great. I wonder if you even need coilovers vs the stock...?

As far as enginge tuning, when I had mine from 06-10, the only shops I would take mine to was Agile in Fallston and Mach V in VA. I'm sure their businesses are still running strong.

Are you planning on going the Cobb AP route for EM?
Yeah I actually found Agile's website via Cobb's, they're about an hour from me and I was looking for some advocates, looks like I'll definitely be paying them a visit soon.

there's a shit-ton of coilovers available for this thing already. just a glance at subispeed, there's about a dozen different manufacturers from bc, megan, fortune to cusco, tein, and ohlins. tein has the usual range of various different types ranging from the $750 "street basis" to the $3700 "super racing"... i'll probably go with something in the "road and race" range, as i think i mentioned dc streets... the ohlins look promising.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:03 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

My son's 'Ring time? You must be referring to the sticker on the rear spoiler.

That should answer your question.

The car has Fortune Auto coilovers w/Swift spring upgrade, Cobb V3 Stage 2 Protune by Kienan at All Aspects. Process West tmic and X-line Mishimoto radiator upgrade with a bunch of other crap.

Last edited by Rich; 11-24-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

LOL... You got me, Rich.

That set up looks very clean. Are you seeing this Blackout?

Yeah, Agile Auto was incredible a few years ago. I cannot imagine they went downhill (no pun intended as the main dude's name is Hill). They will NEVER tune your car that could cause harm. They are UBER cautious and know the platform better than anyone. They also perform all routine maintenance, just like a dealership, if you don't like doing it yourself.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:25 PM
master debater

that painted intercooler is slick, very nice.

i think i'm over working on my own cars, the last few times i have i think i would have rather gone through a root canal. i'd probably rather pay them than the dealership for simple maintenance, but annapolis subaru is only about 20 minutes away and i'd have to take it there for any warranty work anyway (mine is suffering from the now notorious trunk paint chip issue). thanks for the vouch though, they will almost certainly end up getting some business from me soon.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:12 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Annapolis Subaru is a nice shop. Their parts girl can get you great prices on aftermarket parts as well. I've purchased several items from them.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by blackout
Yeah I actually found Agile's website via Cobb's, they're about an hour from me and I was looking for some advocates, looks like I'll definitely be paying them a visit soon.

there's a shit-ton of coilovers available for this thing already. just a glance at subispeed, there's about a dozen different manufacturers from bc, megan, fortune to cusco, tein, and ohlins. tein has the usual range of various different types ranging from the $750 "street basis" to the $3700 "super racing"... i'll probably go with something in the "road and race" range, as i think i mentioned dc streets... the ohlins look promising.
Ohlins are the bee's knees. They make some of the best dampers on the market and their kits are more affordable than people think. When you're ready to get some coilovers shoot me a PM. I'm a dealer for Ohlins, Fortune, Bilstein, KW etc.

As far as tuning companies in your area I would recommend Mach V or Andrewtech.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:00 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by Archer

Ohlins are the bee's knees. They make some of the best dampers on the market and their kits are more affordable than people think. When you're ready to get some coilovers shoot me a PM. I'm a dealer for Ohlins, Fortune, Bilstein, KW etc.

As far as tuning companies in your area I would recommend Mach V or Andrewtech.
I didn't know you were a dealer for fortune, you'll have a pm shortly.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Registered member

leroy12 has disabled reputation

Really considering making a rash decision and just buying one of these sexy ass machines!

Quick Reply: Bought an STI