Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Bought an STI

Old 11-10-2014, 03:01 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Bought an STI

pretty sure i claimed on here i'd do this, in the midst of everyone saying they looked just like evos...

i actually bought it in july but haven't been much on the forums lately. nasioc is useful but doesn't quite have the character this board has.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:04 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: Bought an STI

NAISOC is faggotry, enjoy your Evo.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:56 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by blackout
pretty sure i claimed on here i'd do this, in the midst of everyone saying they looked just like evos...

i actually bought it in july but haven't been much on the forums lately. nasioc is useful but doesn't quite have the character this board has.
I liked it better when you had the black wheels on it.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:58 AM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

I LOL'd!

You going to keep it stock? I have a couple friends with Subarus and they can't stop modding them. I guess the market is huge and there are a lot of options.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:40 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
I liked it better when you had the black wheels on it.

that's actually a REALLY good looking evo.

Originally Posted by keefboz
I LOL'd!

You going to keep it stock? I have a couple friends with Subarus and they can't stop modding them. I guess the market is huge and there are a lot of options.
no, it won't be stock for much longer. i'd have already started dicking with it but i decided i'd rather dump 3 grand on a new pc instead... it's actually a pretty subjective/borderline controversial decision subaru made to bring back the old ej motor with this car, but it's part of the reason i decided to buy it. the aftermarket is healthy and it's a tried and true platform. my brother actually has a 2015 wrx and the new 2.0 is great and all, but i still prefer this one. i don't expect to try to get crazy with it though as it needs to be able to cart me back and forth to dc on occasion, and fuck dc roads.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:22 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

I love the new STi. A friend of mine bought a 2011 STi and immediately regretted not getting a 2015.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:27 AM
master debater

Originally Posted by Otacon
I love the new STi. A friend of mine bought a 2011 STi and immediately regretted not getting a 2015.
i don't think anyone should be disappointed with any model year. looks are definitely subjective and some folks really swear by the practicality addition of the 5-door, but the experience of an sti should be relatively similar across all iterations of the car. i first drove a buddy of mine's 05 when he bought it new, and it was an amazing car then. you can pick and gripe all you want about ring land issues that may or may not be prevalent to only those select few who beat their cars on a daily basis, noises and rattles that i've also battled with several bmw's, or not enough leather on the dash- but these cars are just flat out fun to drive.

that said, there are a few tweaks that really pushed me over the edge on my decision to buy this like the improvements to the handling, steering, and diff- and like i said before, looks being subjective this one finally did it for me. i've liked subarus for a while but never did feel the overpowering inclination to buy one until i saw the concept for this car. i traded in my 07 335i and consider it an upgrade in all categories except ride quality- i don't mind the ride 99% of the time but i did mention before about dc roads...
Old 11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

Originally Posted by blackout
i don't think anyone should be disappointed with any model year. looks are definitely subjective and some folks really swear by the practicality addition of the 5-door, but the experience of an sti should be relatively similar across all iterations of the car. i first drove a buddy of mine's 05 when he bought it new, and it was an amazing car then. you can pick and gripe all you want about ring land issues that may or may not be prevalent to only those select few who beat their cars on a daily basis, noises and rattles that i've also battled with several bmw's, or not enough leather on the dash- but these cars are just flat out fun to drive.

that said, there are a few tweaks that really pushed me over the edge on my decision to buy this like the improvements to the handling, steering, and diff- and like i said before, looks being subjective this one finally did it for me. i've liked subarus for a while but never did feel the overpowering inclination to buy one until i saw the concept for this car. i traded in my 07 335i and consider it an upgrade in all categories except ride quality- i don't mind the ride 99% of the time but i did mention before about dc roads...

He's more concerned with having the newest of everything instead of loving the beast. He got a tuner and some beginner mods done so I think he got over it.

I'm considering doing a trade in for my 07 TL-S but haven't been pushed over the edge yet.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:38 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by JacKaL
NAISOC is faggotry
also: wings.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Congrats on the purchase. I loved my STi. I beat the hell out of it and it still asked for more. Are you planning on tracking it?

Quick Reply: Bought an STI