Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

BMW + Toyota = mkV Supra?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 AM
300ZX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winters has disabled reputation
Default Re: BMW + Toyota = mkV Supra?

Originally Posted by POS DSM
Drift yourself into a lightpole faggot
I can't you took them all out already

Edit: Did you have a bad childhood or something? I'm telling him my opinion, and yet you're trying to flame or harass me cause i'm posting something. Or you're just an ass.

Last edited by Winters; 07-05-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

I hate the new "hybrid" sports cars craze.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by power2weight
Electric sports cars suck, why can't the make diesel powered sports cars...
Because diesels are heavy, low RPM, and aren't fun or exciting. If sports cars are going to be diesel engined, they need a completely new approach to diesel engine design. Something closer to the engines in the Audi and Peugeot LMP cars.

Or, you do a series hybrid and use whatever diesel engine to drive a generator instead of driving the wheels directly. Then the engine doesn't matter because the poor engine characteristics don't kill the sports car driving experience.

Originally Posted by OMG_GSR
I hate the new "hybrid" sports cars craze.
That's the way future emissions regulations are going. It's forcing alternative technologies. Blame the regulations first, and the reaction by the car companies second.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:31 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by MalfoyD
is the 350 hp gonna stop people from buying it like 200 hp didn't stop people from buying the brz/frs? Nope.
I amost hit the fucking floor when I found out the costs of a damn FR-S. 26k my dick.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Fuck this shit... this is what the LF-A should have been. Just stop fucking around and build a new Supra. Pro-tip - Call it a fucking Supra. Make it cost under $50k base price, make it modable, sell the fuck out of it.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
I amost hit the fucking floor when I found out the costs of a damn FR-S. 26k my dick.
Its ridiculous. I happen to think its ugly as shit, too.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:16 PM
300ZX

Winters has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Because diesels are heavy, low RPM, and aren't fun or exciting. If sports cars are going to be diesel engined, they need a completely new approach to diesel engine design. Something closer to the engines in the Audi and Peugeot LMP cars.
Aren't TDI engines closer to the characteristics of a gasoline engine (rev, etc)? I mean they rev higher than traditional truck diesels and make more torque than gas engines. Plus if they designed diesels similarly to the ones found in the LMP cars, would it still be fuel efficient? Like enough to avoid the "gas guzzler tax" and appeal to the masses. FR-S gets around 30 hwy.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:19 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
Yeah, they seriously dropped the ball on that one. It's smaller, less powerful (even the BRZ STi version coming later) and more expensive than the Genesis Coupe 2.0T.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

Originally Posted by Halfrican:7850464
It looks like a grown up 350z.
This
Old 07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

A 6 series would be a horrible base for a new Supra. A 650 weighs 4233lbs. Fuck that shit.

Quick Reply: BMW + Toyota = mkV Supra?