Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

bmw guys.....got a question

Old 12-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LudeBehavior21 will become famous soon enough
Default bmw guys.....got a question

Sorry I wasn't really sure where to post this. I am wondering how reliable BMW's are, I really don't know that much about them as far as how reliable they are. The reason I ask this is because we have a family friend that is selling his 1992 BMW 325. It has 130000 miles on it and it is in real good shape from the looks of it. I was just thinking about picking it up as a second car. Any information would help as to how reliable they are and is there any major maintenance that needs to be done or anything that I need to be concerned with.

Thanks

Justin
Old 12-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default Re: bmw guys.....got a question

I'd want to get a newer one w/ Vanos (93+). I had a 93 325is and I loved it, it was a great car. Only maintenance I can think of off the top of my head would be all the normal things that you do when getting a new car (brakes, fluids, etc.). I never had any major problems with mine.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

LudeBehavior21 will become famous soon enough

Are they easy cars to work on? Are maintenance costs high on them, meaning are costs high to repair things on them? Also why did you say you would get a 93+, what is wrong with the 92's?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:40 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

man o man how I miss my e30. work isn't that much more expensive than other cars.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

A car is as dependable as what you make of it. You beat the shit out of it on a daily basis, ya' know what, its probably gonna fail. But if you take car of a car, it will take car of you. Simple as that.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

As long as the maintenance was properly done on it, you should be fine. I haven't had any problems with mine (except two of my HVAC backlights are out and my clock doesn't work). I have almost 81,000 miles on it (I know, that's a whole lot.) and nothing mechanical has broken so far. **Knock on wood.** Maintenance is really just as much as any other car if you order your parts online and install it yourself.

In addition you can be an e-bmw asshole like me and have a cool sig.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

I used to have an 89' 325i and when it died, it had 261K on the odometer. That thing was a tank, the interior was shit but that motor would not and could not die even when I tried to kill it.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by blah
In addition you can be an e-bmw asshole like me and have a cool sig.
Spoiled Bitchass
Old 12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Spoiled Bitchass

look whos talkin.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:13 AM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Those e30's are like a Timex watch. Just like others said......as long as it has been maintained regularly, buy it and drive the piss out of it. It will probably out live you.

Quick Reply: bmw guys.....got a question