Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Autoblog first drive: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: Autoblog first drive: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

Originally Posted by BentValve
There's a different between "people with lots of money" and "people that can drop 2.2M on a car." Those people have staff that buy and cook the food for them. Don't be ignorant.
I'm a CPA and I'm doing the taxes of a realtor that grosses 8 mill a year, and the bitch shops at kroger at the end of every month?

/end threadjackage

Bugatti Veyron is a top speed mofo, but as TopGear pointed out, not even worth it on the track...even though they all really wanted that car to be on the top of the board. Im not saying its a bad car at all, the cars specs make me shiver thinking about how much is actually put into that thing...but personally I think its over kill, sorta like they built it just to show they can yah know?

It'll probably end up being a collectors item down the line though, and it'll end up selling for some ridiculous amount cuz the company won't always be around imo.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I never said I didn't respect the car or the engineering... but I just would have no desire to own one. I'd get an Enzo and a McLaren F1 first.

I'd leave the comfortable cruising duties to a twin turbo V12 benz.
+1
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

I wanna hear the BOVs
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by pbluva
I'm a CPA and I'm doing the taxes of a realtor that grosses 8 mill a year, and the bitch shops at kroger at the end of every month?
A whole 8M/year! You got me, not that many more ballers in the world that make more than that.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I like grape drank

Not worth the argument, it was just for a joke bro.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Broluva.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I like grape drank

you know it
Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Registered member

User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020

Originally Posted by pbluva

/end threadjackage

Bugatti Veyron is a top speed mofo, but as TopGear pointed out, not even worth it on the track...even though they all really wanted that car to be on the top of the board. Im not saying its a bad car at all, the cars specs make me shiver thinking about how much is actually put into that thing...but personally I think its over kill, sorta like they built it just to show they can yah know?

It'll probably end up being a collectors item down the line though, and it'll end up selling for some ridiculous amount cuz the company won't always be around imo.
...I fail to see how being the #5 car on that board, containing the cars it does, is "not even worth it on the track".

The thing weighs almost twice what some of those other cars do, and it's performing neck and neck with them on a very very tight low speed track. Sure, it's "not even worth it on teh trakcz".
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

But it's got 4 turbos!! And turbo lag! And awd! And this post makes no sense! 1001 hp! Can I call you pig fucker? No only my friends can call me pig fucker!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I like grape drank

Originally Posted by Cnamz
...I fail to see how being the #5 car on that board, containing the cars it does, is "not even worth it on the track".

The thing weighs almost twice what some of those other cars do, and it's performing neck and neck with them on a very very tight low speed track. Sure, it's "not even worth it on teh trakcz".
When I watched the episode where they finally had it on the track they had been proclaiming the thing is sex on wheels and would be blowing any and everything they had ever had on the track out of the water,but it didn't...however that's not really the point. Say it raced those same cars at Silverstone...it would still lose because thats not what the car is really designed to do right? Also, I meant "not worth it at teh trakcz" as in its not worth comparing it to those cars on that track... I agree with you lol.

Veyron is an amazing car with a scary amount of power (it has like 8 turbos right? haa), yet it puts it to the ground and is street drivable and controllable due to the technological brains behind it. You could put a thousand horses in a Supra, but it would be exponentially more difficult to street it because it doesn't have the design behind it the Veyron has to make it easier to drive in a sense.