Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

AUTO TRAINING AFTER HIGHSCHOOL

Old 05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757 BMW 525i is on a distinguished road
Default AUTO TRAINING AFTER HIGHSCHOOL

Is they any auto school in virginia that is similar to UTI that I could get ASE certification, or some training to go straight into a job?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Drunken Irish

djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome
Default Re: AUTO TRAINING AFTER HIGHSCHOOL

You can try local dealerships, some of them have programs where you work at the dealership doing minor mechanical work while at the same time going to school. After two years or so you come out of school with an ASE certification, and you agree to work at the dealership for a certain amount of time. Afterwards you can move onto where ever you want.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

advanced technology institute in VA BEACH
Old 05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

757 BMW 525i is on a distinguished road

I am at CCST doing auto body so if anyone in greenbrier is hiring hit me up
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
advanced technology institute in VA BEACH
All the guys at our dealership that do quick lube are all going to ATI I believe. I believe thats where we hire our quick lube guys from, like an internship. I don't think its anything with any sort of agreement, its just like an internship.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Drunken Irish

djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome

You could be right. A friend of mine at work was working with me in the back washing cars and then he went and talked to the service manager and now there going to move him to the lube rack and send him to school at TCC to get his associates in automotive and get ASE certified. Im sure different dealers have different ways.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:56 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Yeah I was just saying how ours is I believe.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:22 PM
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy

Originally Posted by djgruesome
You can try local dealerships, some of them have programs where you work at the dealership doing minor mechanical work while at the same time going to school. After two years or so you come out of school with an ASE certification, and you agree to work at the dealership for a certain amount of time. Afterwards you can move onto where ever you want.
much easier said then done.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 AM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

you can pay up to 15,000 dollars if you want to go to to ATI or UTI. pretty much if you can go to a dearlership as an apprentice your pretty much set man. i went to AtI and i could have learned all the things i have learned if i went to a dealership. if you know how to read electrical diagrams and wrench on a few things your fine. ATI or UtI can help but after that its actually still pretty difficult to go and find a nice place to work at. Luckily, i myself found a job with SAAB after graduating ATI. ATI did not find that job for me . I did. I was just at a right place at the right time. Well as of now i dont work for saab any more and i had Ase certifications on heating and a/c, brakes, suspension, electrical, and engine. and was also a Bronze level certified SAAB tech but now im in the military. i tell you this as for experience, it is very difficult in the automotive industry.

Last edited by MABAGAL; 05-04-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Drunken Irish

You could go to school working on diesel engines. A few people at work who specialized in diesels ended up working for Carter Cat and all their heavy equipment etc. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: AUTO TRAINING AFTER HIGHSCHOOL