Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Auto insurance, special/ modified

Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation
Default Auto insurance, special/ modified

Sorry if theres a topic already. I searched insurance but did not find anything.

I currently have liability only on my policy. I was considering comprehensive in case somebody vandalizes or steals my or maybe some birds shit on it. I dont drive the car much. It will mostly be parked.

The car itself is probably worth $3k stock. But with the work done on it, i would say maybe $7k. Insurance said they would only pay KBB for the car if anything happens. I asked them about all the other stuff, they said rims, stereo etc; is not covered.

I am sure there are many on this forum with alot of $$ into old cars how does that work for insurance?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered member

SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC

Loud and overly sensitive car alarm so even if that bird takes a doodie on it you can spot it out and take er down. OR dont put to much into something? Theyre prolly not gona cover ANYTHING aftermarket at all because they could care less.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Auto insurance, special/ modified

You need to ask for "replacement coverage" not comprehensive. Call around, you may need to provide receipts for proof of value.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM

Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa Drag Busa

State Farm told me they will cover all of my stuff as long as I can provide them with reciepts if anything happens to my car.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Reporting FS Threads

E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda

When I had my Civic I was worried about insurance covering it if anything should have happened. I went with USAA because they cover all aftermarket modifications. Just make sure to have plenty of reciepts and pictures to prove everything.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by Drag Busa
State Farm told me they will cover all of my stuff as long as I can provide them with reciepts if anything happens to my car.
That's funny, my friend was dropped by State Farm because his car was "too heavily modified"
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 AM
giggity

RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR

Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz
Sorry if theres a topic already. I searched insurance but did not find anything.

I currently have liability only on my policy. I was considering comprehensive in case somebody vandalizes or steals my or maybe some birds shit on it. I dont drive the car much. It will mostly be parked.

The car itself is probably worth $3k stock. But with the work done on it, i would say maybe $7k. Insurance said they would only pay KBB for the car if anything happens. I asked them about all the other stuff, they said rims, stereo etc; is not covered.

I am sure there are many on this forum with alot of $$ into old cars how does that work for insurance?
most carriers ask if vehicles have any special equipment and you list the value for the modifications.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Reporting FS Threads

E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda

I was just thinking, and my friend had a 1999 Integra, and had a indash navigation. It was stolen, and USAA covered its replacement cost. Not just once, twice. Both within a 6 month span.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 PM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed

This is a link to a dude who will cover anything, he even offers on-track coverage, heavily modified coverage...basically everything. http://www.dragillustrated.com/2011/...izmark-larson/
Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by E.Honda
I was just thinking, and my friend had a 1999 Integra, and had a indash navigation. It was stolen, and USAA covered its replacement cost. Not just once, twice. Both within a 6 month span.
How did they pay 2 times, i assume the car was stolen and retrieved and then stolen again?

Quick Reply: Auto insurance, special/ modified