Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anyone use REJEX car polish?

Old 04-11-2008, 06:41 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default Anyone use REJEX car polish?

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

This regular came in a couple weeks ago telling me about this new stuff he had tried on his "wive'" BMW 335i, apparently the polish is 1micron thick, shines better than any wax, lasts for 6mo-1yr and was designed by the military to keep the burns from helicopter exhausts from sticking.

I'm considering ordering some, but don't know anyone who has used it except for him, and he hasn't taken the bimmer out since. He says that you can use it on wheels to keep brake dust from sticking, and that nothing with stick to the car (bugs, pollen, etc.). There is a catch, if you have waxed your car you need to remove any wax you have put on the car, he said you can do that wish dish soap.

Anyone ever use it?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:22 PM
No Rep, No Respect..

NeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone use REJEX car polish?

Sounds similar to Zaino, but cheaper... Don't know what to tell you aside from give it a try.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh Boy.

nunchuckgun nunchuckgun

lets see, from a non experienced customers point of view, the first thing i noticed was the name rejex kinda comes off the tongue like rejects...that made me say no, but lets be real, its only wax, if its shitty use some dish soap and wash it off haha
Old 04-11-2008, 05:17 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

I use it and it works great.

Bugs and rubber come off the car with ease.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

It's just a typical sealant. Everything that can be said for that, can be said about any other artificially produced sealant.

Sealers typically last longer than cheaper waxes, but they don't offer the depth of color that a good carnuba offers. A lot of the comparisons they make are in comparison to cheaper over the counter waxes. A high quality, professional grade wax will last as long as that will, and give better depth. Good waxes are also easier to apply in my opinion.

I'm on my 3rd high quality wax in a year (just trying different brands in order to choose one I like) and I think I've settled on one. If you really want to put a quality product on your car, look in to Lusso Oro carnuba. It's been on my S2000 for about 4 months now, and water beads like I just put it on yesterday.

You might actually be fine with a sealer though, your car is one of the light colors right?

:edit: Oh yeah, guess why you have to wash your car with dish soap before you apply it. It's because if there's any carnuba on your car, that stuff can't stick to it. What's that tell you about carnuba?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...ight=rejex+wax
Old 04-11-2008, 07:27 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Originally Posted by Flite
It's just a typical sealant. Everything that can be said for that, can be said about any other artificially produced sealant.

Sealers typically last longer than cheaper waxes, but they don't offer the depth of color that a good carnuba offers. A lot of the comparisons they make are in comparison to cheaper over the counter waxes. A high quality, professional grade wax will last as long as that will, and give better depth. Good waxes are also easier to apply in my opinion.

I'm on my 3rd high quality wax in a year (just trying different brands in order to choose one I like) and I think I've settled on one. If you really want to put a quality product on your car, look in to Lusso Oro carnuba. It's been on my S2000 for about 4 months now, and water beads like I just put it on yesterday.

You might actually be fine with a sealer though, your car is one of the light colors right?

:edit: Oh yeah, guess why you have to wash your car with dish soap before you apply it. It's because if there's any carnuba on your car, that stuff can't stick to it. What's that tell you about carnuba?

It's silverstone, so yeah. But I guess that anything on the surface could prevent this stuff from sticking properly.

Unbre4k4ble, after 2 years, how do you like it?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

It's good stuff. I like it very much. It really seems to last, as well as make it easier to clean off dirt and grime and such.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:26 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

Originally Posted by Flite

i've never tried it but the folks at autogeek rec. applying the klasse sealant/cleaner first then a good carnuba to get the best of both worlds. Super long lasting protection but the deep color of carnuba. Have you tried that (i'll be doing something similar on the next detail)?
Old 04-12-2008, 04:56 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

I use all the stuff from Griots Garage

Quick Reply: Anyone use REJEX car polish?