Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

anyone here put on suspension

Old 02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock ford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone here put on suspension

I live in Yorktown, drive a 92 civic hatchback. I got brand new spring's and shocks/struts for the front and back. So does anybody here work at a shop somewhere close by that can put these on at a decent price. Also they are springs not coilovers. thanks let me know
Old 02-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: anyone here put on suspension

If you're willing to just rent the equipment, I'll help you for free.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered Member

how much you talking to rent a spring compresser?? and where like abz rental's?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you can do this yourself in about 2 hours if youve never done it before, i think i had the record on my girls car the other day, 46 minutes by myself, ha......
Old 02-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by stock ford
Autozone or Advanced, I always get the two mixed up. But I think all you have to do is put down a deposit and you get all your money back when you return it.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:52 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by stock ford

you dont really need a spring compressor, 2 sets of vice grips will work just as well....and you wont need a spring compressor to put back on if you have lowering springs more than like and inch and a half, all you need of your stock shit is the dust cover, the fitted washer, bump stops and the spring perch.....and its fun impacting the stuff off, you get to see how far and hard the stuff shoots under all that spring pressure, haha, just dont lose anything,......
Old 02-10-2005, 06:38 PM

fc3s is an unknown quantity at this point

be safe and use a damn spring compresser. go to autozone and ask at the desk, you get all your money back when you return the tools. and this aint really a hard mod you should just do it your self insted of wasting good cash
Old 02-10-2005, 07:14 PM
EF turd

DirtyEF is on a distinguished road

i have spring compressors in my trunk
Old 02-11-2005, 04:33 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
you dont really need a spring compressor, 2 sets of vice grips will work just as well....and you wont need a spring compressor to put back on if you have lowering springs more than like and inch and a half, all you need of your stock shit is the dust cover, the fitted washer, bump stops and the spring perch.....and its fun impacting the stuff off, you get to see how far and hard the stuff shoots under all that spring pressure, haha, just dont lose anything,......

Thats how I did mine

Just point them away from everything, and loosen. Haha. And like MORE IMPATIENT said, if your springs are more than a slight drop, you wont need compressors to put them back on.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

ok so who's trying to do this and i will help you 50 bucks obo. hit me up if you're willing i got the down payment money. I live in Yorktown 871-3847 name is zack peace.

Quick Reply: anyone here put on suspension